Winter adventure

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by monzer, Aug 18, 2016.

1. monzer

monzer Funster

Evening fine people. I am looking for a bit of advice as I am too lazy to really research it myself.

I am thinking of selling my MH next year so I am wanting to get as much use out of it as I can this year. My original idea was to head down to the chunnel and make my way down the Spanish coast as soon as I finish work for the xmas holidays. Maybe end up in Benidorm for new year. Now I have changed my mind and really fancy heading to Germany as I have never been there before and I hear it is great around christmas time.

Just wondering what people experiences of driving over that way in the winter months are. If the weather is really bad does it make the driving to much of a stress? Are there still loads of sites open? Does it spoil the motorhoming experience when you can't just unwind the awning and sit out in the lovely weather?

Or should I stick with my Spain idea and maybe catch a bit of sun?

As you may of picked up I'm pretty p*ss poor at decision making so any advise or ideas would be gratefully received.

2. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Depends entirely on your MH. If it is fully winterised then it can be done, otherwise I don't think it would be enjoyable - no water or functioning toilet as they would have to be drained.

Also many parts of Germany don't salt the roads - they expect you to have studs or chains fitted.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    If you go to Germany,you have to have Snow,or M&S tyres fitted during the winter months,not sure about France,but do check both the above,wherever you end up,have a good time.
    Tea Bag

• Useful Useful x 1