winnebago insurance (1 Viewer)

eclaire

Free Member
Jul 24, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
hello, we are looking again at getting a winnebago and have seen a 96 brave that looks like it would fit our needs. I have tried putting it into about 10 online quote things and each one gets to the end of all the pages of details then says it cant quote.
If the insurance is going to be astronomical there isnt any point in us persuing this further so can anyone point us in the direction of an online quote for a winnebago or give us and idea what a 96 brave costs to insure for 2 drivers, myself and husband, both with full clean licences.
thanks
claire:-}

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
hello, we are looking again at getting a winnebago and have seen a 96 brave that looks like it would fit our needs. I have tried putting it into about 10 online quote things and each one gets to the end of all the pages of details then says it cant quote.
If the insurance is going to be astronomical there isnt any point in us persuing this further so can anyone point us in the direction of an online quote for a winnebago or give us and idea what a 96 brave costs to insure for 2 drivers, myself and husband, both with full clean licences.
thanks
I use Adrian Flux,including there rescue.
You shouldnt be paying much more than £300 depending on age and postcode.

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Try Safeguard I had a 10 year old Tiffin Allegro cost of insurance was £700 with UK and Continental breakdown which was half the price of the Caravan Club who said they insure RV's

I also had the misfortune of having to use the breakdown cover a week after I got the RV and Safeguard were brilliant

http://www.safeguarduk.co.uk/

Good luck:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Insurance

Hi.
We have Insurance with NFU they may not be the cheapest, but I have insured my van with them for over ten years plus, before we bought the Winnebago. We had a fifth wheel previously and when it was sold, it was sold seperately.
The insurance company that we were with at that time wanted around a hundred pound to insure the Pick-up for one day and basic third party, because they said they did not insure American vehicles (allbeit when the complete outfit was insured it included the Pick up) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, I phoned NFU and they insured it fully comp for one week to enable us to deliver it ,the price for that week was seven pounds!

OP
OP
E

eclaire

Free Member
Jul 24, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Thanks for those - looking as if the insurance wont be totally prohibitive then as the insurance for the caravan is about £250 anyway. Running costs will be higher than the caravan and tax to factor in as well but at least if the insurance isnt horrendous that is one good thing.

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
I use Adrian Flux,including there rescue.
You shouldnt be paying much more than £300 depending on age and postcode.

I to use them, had to use there Assistance service last year and they were there within 30mins and sorted problem within an hour.( Electrical problem in the Park circuit, preventing gear selection)

Brian

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thanks

they maybe cant quote online as there will be some personal parameters that need sorting on a one to one basis.

give 'em a ring and they'll sort it for you.
you don't need to buy the first one

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Ref Insurance costs

We hope the enjoyment you get from your Winnebago will more than counter the Insurance & running costs. As you say it all needs to be factored in, but hopefully the comfort when travelling that you get, will more than make up for it. :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
where ever you get insurance make sure you have FULL, unlimited, windscreen cover.....can cost many thousands for an A class screen.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
very good advice john , I had a stone chip repaired in my hymer screen and was quoted €2,000 for a new one

although I have no deductible I was warned that if I have more than 2 glass breakages in a 3 year period I will have my premium increased !

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
The other thing you may want to factor in when you look at Insurance is the Breakdown cover (not all include it as standard) and of course cover for European Touring, some will only cover for 60 days, 90 days etc in any one insured year. Depends of course on how much European touring you intend to do.

In this months Practical Motorhome magazine there is a good piece on Motorhome Insurers. I noted that there were 5 that included unrestricted annual European cover.

I have been with Safeguard for several years, they include 'AA' cover as standard within the policy (No size limits) Breakdown and Recovery and also include Annual European cover as standard.

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
My RV is with Safeguard and I am very happy with them. Have used the break down service no problem and had a windscreen replaced which has repaid my premiums for a good few years already. Windscreens are very expensive.

OP
OP
E

eclaire

Free Member
Jul 24, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Got a quote from Adrian Flux for both of us to drive with breakdown and its £500 on a 95 plate 32 ft winnebago. We already have a vehicle with adrian flux and the cover would be through towergate bakers. That would be for myself (40, full clean licence, IAM) and hubby (50 with full clean licence) but of course we have not got any no claims. Seems quite a lot?
Several dont seem to do USA built RV's.
claire :-}

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Got a quote from Adrian Flux for both of us to drive with breakdown and its £500 on a 95 plate 32 ft winnebago. We already have a vehicle with adrian flux and the cover would be through towergate bakers. That would be for myself (40, full clean licence, IAM) and hubby (50 with full clean licence) but of course we have not got any no claims. Seems quite a lot?
Several dont seem to do USA built RV's.
claire :-}
Why not try swoping the no claims bonus from your cheaper vehicle onto the RV.
Have the car insured without the no claims.
If you get 70% no claims on the RV the premium comes down to less than £300.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We're with Flux, and just a thought. When you say no no claims, do you mean neither of you have any?

Reason I ask, Flux didn't want a no claims to apply to the insurance they simply mimiced an exsisting one, ie the full no claims from my main car.

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
Eclaire, try RH insurance for a quote... (think its Richard Hosken)

also Blackfriars in Cheshire insured my 2 cars and the chevy for not too bad a deal, last year

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back