Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer on Renault trafic
Exp
longtime
After years of (boasting) of proudly never breaking a wing mirror, Last week while touring in Wales I broke my nearside wing mirror - not one but twice! The first minor altercation with an over hanging branch broke the glass. The second with a flint wall did the plastic as well.

One of the annoying things with my current manual mirrors is that there is no way to reach the nearside from inside the cab, so adjustment is a two person job.

Since I now have to fork out for a new mirror anyway, I wondered if this might be the right time to have electrically operated mirrors fitted.

Has anyone here had any experience of retro fit electric mirrors?

Any information very gratefully received.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I have not retro-fitted electric mirrors but if fitting new ones look on eBay at large mirrors for lorries and vans. A fraction of the price of 'genuine' Hymer mirrors.

OP
OP
H

Hymerclassic

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer on Renault trafic
Exp
longtime
Thanks Flamenca, that's a good idea although I now quite fancy the idea of electric mirrors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I have caught a few hedge branches in Cornwall with my nearside mirror. Fortunately no breakages. Maybe because I have not over-tightened the nuts on the top and bottom of the mounting arm allowing the arm to swivel without too much resistance. I have also learnt the knack of re-positioning the arm on my own first time.....well, maybe just lucky.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back