Wing Mirror Help (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
I.ve got a replacement wingmirror glass to replace my broken one, Its come with backing plate and looks a bit complicated as Ihave no idea how to remove my old one or fit new one has any one else had this problem and is it an easy job or am I better off taking it in to a local garage
Thanks in advance for any hellp
Alan

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Have to got an original or a stick on?

With the original, gently prise the old glass of - it will be held in with clips. You will probably have to pull two wires off, (for the heater) and then attatch them to the new one, and gently push on until it pops. Gentle but firm is the key!

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I.ve got a replacement wingmirror glass to replace my broken one, Its come with backing plate and looks a bit complicated as Ihave no idea how to remove my old one or fit new one has any one else had this problem and is it an easy job or am I better off taking it in to a local garage
Thanks in advance for any hellp
Alan

It really would help if you give more information when you ask for help and info, for example are you talking about a 747 jumbo jet or 125 Vespa?

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Alan
Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
It really would help if you give more information when you ask for help and info, for example are you talking about a 747 jumbo jet or 125 Vespa?

Doug...

Sorry about that its a Autotrail on the Fiat 2.8 jtd chassis
Alan

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

Doug...
Rude but
Point taken
But if he was he,d be on a 747 or Vespa forum:Doh:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Sorry about that its a Autotrail on the Fiat 2.8 jtd chassis
Alan

OK, the mirrors are held onto the actuating motor mechanism by a large external wire circlip,
If you move the mirror with the motor drive to an extreme position you can just about see it.

To get the mirror off you have to pull the the mirror from one corner so that the circlip opens up and the mirror come away.

It feels very dangerous when you do it but it does work.

Doug...

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I've been on a (smallish) plane which reversed away from the teminal at Southampton airport under it's own pwer but I didnt see any mirrors on it.

On a 747 where do you put the rear view mirrors?::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Alan
Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Job Done

Thanks to Rainbow Chasers and DougCumiskey for the tips on replacement my wing mirror it turned what I thought was a difficult job into a 5 minute one and to the other funsters for there comments Thanks again
Alan:thumb:

eirebus

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
kildare ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 yrs
put mirrors in front of 747 where they always go (rear not good):Smile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back