wine to bring back from France? (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Another vote for Roche Mazet boxes, good quality, to my limited palette,at a reasonable price............and boxes have the added advantage that you can sneak the odd glass without SWMBO knowing and they keep when opened.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The problem with wine suggestions is that kind mans favourite is another mans poison.
I'd pop into Majestic wine is Calais who have wine to taste before you buy

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Bring back the wine that you like..other peoples choice may not suit you,,,BUSBY.

The problem with wine suggestions is that kind mans favourite is another mans poison.
I'd pop into Majestic wine is Calais who have wine to taste before you buy

Absolutely but the op did ask what wine to bring back, you can only recommend what you know(y):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry and Jan

Free Member
Feb 25, 2014
Saltash,Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
If your traveling from Roscoff go and see Fred at wine supermarket, cant miss it London doubledecker bus outside, tell him you know Terry from Saltash he will look after you. I brought back over 200 bottles, well equivalent of!

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Leclerc sells boxes of Vieux Carion (translation = Old Crow?) Merlot & Cab Sauvignon. 5 litres = approx €11 and 10 litres = approx €21.

Or you could take yr empty plastic water bottles into a Cave and buy it from the petrol type pump - price varies. Only downside I found that I can't drink 5 litres quickly enough in hot weather and not all of it can take being fridged.

Just remember though, the best wine is the wine you like.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
J P Chenet is always a favourite of mine, it was recommended to me by a seasoned traveller whilst I was browsing through the bottles on the Supermarket shelves, and what a good choice it turned out to be(y)

And of course you know that you have had too much when the bottle neck is straight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back