frenchypilot

Free Member
May 31, 2011
France CENTRAL
Funster No
MH
class A
Exp
Has anyone had problem with windscreen seals leaking. I have had a windscreen leak which I have tried to seal myself to no avail. The MH I have is a Plot Galaxy 2004 with a Ducato engine. I tried people like Car Glass but they will only change seals if the screen is broken. My MH dealer does not undertake such tasks. Any ideas ?

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Has anyone had problem with windscreen seals leaking. I have had a windscreen leak which I have tried to seal myself to no avail. The MH I have is a Plot Galaxy 2004 with a Ducato engine. I tried people like Car Glass but they will only change seals if the screen is broken. My MH dealer does not undertake such tasks. Any ideas ?

Google 'cap'n Tolley creeping sealer' you might find that useful:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Had an old car that was leaking through the seal at the base of the glass, seal getting old.
Cleaned behind seal with alcohol prior to sealing
Propped seal open with half match sticks end on along the entire length then filled with a clear silicone sealer along the entire length, removed matchsticks and smoothed over with wet wire sleeving, did the job a treat never had any problems again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi try Tiger-seal :thumb:They make a proper screen seal to rubber but cannot think what it is called
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back