Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Right, here goes......

After our recent trip, the middle wiper on the hymer started to knock into the nearside wiper. After turning them off, they stopped about a quarter of the way up the screen. On checking them, the middle wiper nut (base nut) was loose and the plastic cover cracked. To get us to our site, i removed the middle wiper and continued.

Using wipers on intermittent, they start from the quarter way position, go down and do a full sweep back to quarter position.

On speeds 1 and 2, they do a full normal sweep but stop at quarter position when turned off.

Hope this makes sense to people and if anyone can come up with a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
oozzie (n)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I had a Daewoo car years ago and the wipers behaved similar. The plastic ring around the wiper arm had perished and wasn't holding it at the right angle for the drive shaft from the wiper motor. I used a juniper clip to hold it all in place.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
The wipers "park" at a position where there is no power to the motor when you switch the wipers off. Sounds like this position has "moved", maybe something to do with the loose centre blade wiper possibly jamming the nearside one although as they otherwise seem to cover the screen normally it probably isn't the drive mechanism. Used to happen occasionally on some of the older coaches I drove; getting the fitters to fix it was a bind "too much trouble, they work don't they?" Not au fait enough with your system to offer a solution, sorry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
If you have fixed the problem, ie worn fixing nut, you need to set all the wipers to the correct 'park' position when they are at the park position. Commonly this is controlled only by one wiper, there will be a contact arrangement, where power is no longer supplied. Since it is only the middle one misbehaving, I would suggest remove it again, park the wipers and refit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back