Windscreen Condensation (1 Viewer)

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Screens have already been mentioned, but do you know a friendly publican, if so 'borrow' some of his bar top towels. I have two, they are small and soak up loads of liquid so find they will clean the windows without streaking. Also handy as a small towel when collecting wet hook up cable etc.

I have occasionally seen them on sale at home brew shops

Just make sure they are new or well washed first as the smell of stale beer can be overwhelming (well thats my excuse):winky:

Colin

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
I can remember 'Rain ex' had a mist equivalent, 'Mist Ex' maybe?:Smile:

Think it was for inside visors originally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Is this a genuine product??

If so, who, what where etc?

Errrrm.........I'm sure thats wot they call it, you apply it then wait for it to dry, then buff it clear.............thats all I know mate, I will try to dig it out as it is in my car which is in storage.

I find that if I leave the roof vents open a little then I dont get condensation inside :winky:

Boo

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Errrrm.........I'm sure thats wot they call it, you apply it then wait for it to dry, then buff it clear.............thats all I know mate, I will try to dig it out as it is in my car which is in storage.

I find that if I leave the roof vents open a little then I dont get condensation inside :winky:

Boo

That reminds me, answered my own question on a trip to halfords, ie bought some, not brilliant but better, cheers though:thumb:

Molls-Phot

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
I've used the Rain-X anti-fog stuff. It doesn't stop condensation if you sleep inside overnight when it's cold outside.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi
Anyone got any tips either to stop the condensation on my windscreen in the mornings or how is the best way to clear it without getting a puddle on the dash and a smeared vision
Wanderer
You could sleep outside in a tent that should stop it. If that doesn't work then leave a couple of windows open, that works for us.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
If you have cab air con, use that. A lot of people think that air conditioning is for hot weather only. Its not. It can be used with the temperature up high, and directed on the screen it will clear the moisture in no time.The definition of air conditioning is, "To control the temperature, AND humidity of a given parcel of air. It is a dehumidifier as well. l use it often for clearing steamed up windows. Plus, you should use the air con frequently to keep it working as it should. Hope this helps,
Craig.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

We always use silver screens on the outside which does stop it forming,

My real concern was before we started to use the silver screens there was so much condensation that it worried me what damage it may be causing on the metal bulkhead etc that is under the plastic dash,

Do any of you know if it can damage that area through rust etc.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
If you have cab air con, use that. A lot of people think that air conditioning is for hot weather only. Its not. It can be used with the temperature up high, and directed on the screen it will clear the moisture in no time.The definition of air conditioning is, "To control the temperature, AND humidity of a given parcel of air. It is a dehumidifier as well. l use it often for clearing steamed up windows. Plus, you should use the air con frequently to keep it working as it should. Hope this helps,
Craig.

Yep...We use the air con too to pull the moisture out of the air.:thumb:

Silver screens on the inside for us but in or out they certainly help.

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
Thanks for all the tips ,sorry so long coming back on been travelling currently in Almeria still shorts and t shirt weather.
I have never seen external screens fitted to a neisman & bischoff nothing to secure them to eg,no cab doors and sliding windows. A screen pulls down from the inside but because of the extra large windscreen condensation is real problem if you want an early getaway.
I am amazed that with all the gadgets and gizmo,s we are bombarded with that this problem has not been solved. Would a 12 volt de-humidifier fitted to the cig lighter and stood on the dash work
Wanderer

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Keith
look on Welcome to Van Comfort you will see various methods of fixing external screens are available for A class
Still on course for Cabo just delayed a few weeks.
Steles

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back