Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We have an extra large windscreen on an N & B Arto and have had two small chips repaired previously thru no cost with our insurers . We got another chip on the way out to Spain last Sept and on return last week contacted the Saga who agreed to send out their approved glass agents , he duly arrived and when starting the repair said the crack/chip had moved 5ml and we would need a new screen , now hear is the rub cost £3K approx excess £75 . I would be surprised if it failed an MOT as its so tiny and nowhere near my sight line . Saga are asking for photo details, are they only liable to replace the screen if its an MOT failure as it would not affect me driving the vehicle but i would be concerned to be driving on the Continent and it goes completely in somewhere remote. Thoughts please

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There are specific chip sizes and location for MOT failure.

Cant remember without googling but Something like the size of a 10p coin in the wipers swept area.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Google.....

The maximum damage size is 10mm in the drivers' line of vision (a vertical strip 290mm wide centred on the steering wheel), 40mm elsewhere in the rest of the area swept by the wiper blades.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would have thought that if Saga have already sent out their approved repairers they should now accept their word

we had to have one changed on our previous MH also an A class, it started a nightmare of leak issues, for me I would hold out for a repair next time unless it is cracked

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back