gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
prolly OT for this forum, but i only have this 'problem' when in the motorhome.

using windows vista on me laptop, gprs/3G/3.5G connections depending on location, using the t-mobile dongle, but i get the same thing when using my phone as a tethered modem.

i know why, but not how to get rid..... the pictures are rendered at a lower resolution due to the mobile connection, and when ever you hover over a picture thus rendered at a lower resolution, you get a text box saying "... Shift + R improves the quality of this image. CTRL + F5 reloads the whole page"

now it's nice to know that i have those options, but it's also a right pain in the but when i am hovering over a picture with embedded hyperlinks, and they bring up their own text box tellimg me what i will get if i click that link.

right now i'm looking at that dutch wild camping site which has an interactive map, and i want ti see the name of the parking area before i click on the link as right now i'm on a GPRS connection, and each page takes 5 mins to download, but i cant see the name as that darn box is telling me i can improve the image etc.

any one know of a way to turn that sill info box off?? i know i can leave the cursor on the image for about 10 seconds and it goes, but when i'm zooming about over the map i dont want to wait that long.

DeeGee7

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Hi Gazznsam,

Not sure about this but: Internet Explorer / Tools / Internet Options / Advanced / Multimedia / untick Enable Image Resize.

As I say I'm not sure but I can't find anything else that might help.:Confused:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Enable/Disable Tool Tip Displays: Get rid of more of those annoying balloons | Suite101.com

http://www.windowsreference.com/general/how-to-enabledisable-tooltips-in-windows/

Windows 7 2008 2003 Vista XP 2000 Ms Office Tutorials Fixes Tips

How to Enable/Disable ToolTips in Windows

Windows Tool tips are small information boxes that appear when we place the cursor on any icon or shorcuts on the desktop. This can be enabled or disabled from the registry. I consider this is a great simple feature but if you choose to enable or disable then try the following tweak in registry.

Windows ToolTips

1. Click Start – Run , type REGEDIT and press enter. This will open the Windows Registry Editor.

2. Now, navigate through to

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
\Software
\Microsoft
\Windows
\CurrentVersion
\Explorer
\Advanced

Windows ToolTips Registry tweak

3. Look for the DWORD “ShowInfoTip“, right-click and select Modify and change the value data as required

1 – Enable ToolTips (Default)
0 – Disable ToolTips

This should enable or disable Tool Tips in Windows.

or Google

'Disable tooltip display'

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread