Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Can anyone help me please? I have been trying to download files onto a powerpoint presentation through media player and have managed to corrupt my whole computer. Whenever I try to connect to the internet, or try system restore, Windows media opens up with an error message.............
The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.exe) that does not match the file format.....

I have deleted the powerpoint presentation thinking this might stop media player searching for the file but this has made no difference.

I even tried updating my windows system to windows 8 but the same error message comes up and the download shuts down

I have been able to to connect to the internet through a shortcut on my start page but it is the only way in.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
.exe is an excel file. I wonder what type of file you were trying to put into PP.
.exe is usually an executable (program) file, Mike, not Excel (.xls mainly).

The error message appears to be saying that Media Player has been asked to process a file with a format it can't handle or a file which has been saved with the wrong extension. Unfortunately, without being able to look at the machine directly it's difficult to be certain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back