Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Just upgraded my vista laptop (an acer 5920g now nearly 5 years old) to windows 8.

First, I was attracted by the offer price of £25 for an upgrade (if you download before January). That is much less than the cost of upgrading from vista to windows 7, which from memory was £90 plus.

I knew before doing it that I would have to re-install my programs, but decided the machine needed a good clean up anyway.

Result - I am delighted with it! The machine is much faster and more responsive than it ever was with Vista. And I have freed up about 20gb disk space!

The interface is quite different and does take a little getting used to, with some things on the "modern" start menu and others on the more traditional windows 7 (like) desktop. But having learned where things are, they are quick and easy to find, in fact most things I now think are easier than on the old start button. The modern interface would be OK with a touch screen, but actions like swiping from the sides work fine with the mouse.

Even some things that the guide said would not work, in fact do. (eg my old train simulator software).

So, I personally would recommend it especially if you are currently pre windows 7.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back