windows 8 upgrade offer

Discussion in 'Computers' started by SC 05 OUT, Nov 2, 2012.

1. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

I bought a new pc a while ago, it has win 7 installed but it allso had an offer to upgrade to win 8 for £15.......which is a tenner less than for other peoples, but as I see does not get you the media kit ?, but Imsure Ive seen somewhere thats a free add on anyway?

Has anybody done the upgrade or has a win 8 machine, is it a must? or should I just do it anyway to future proof the o/s?

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

PM Jim he appears to be a world authority on this subject:Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

The big selling point I've seen for Windows 8 is that it is designed for touch screens. Does your PC have a touch screen?

The other points to consider are whether the manufacturers of your peripheral devices have produced Windows 8 drivers for them and whether the software you use will run on Windows 8.

4. ukbill

ukbill Funster

if your operating system is working leave well alone windows 8 maybe ok but i normally find to leave new stuff alone till they have ironed out all the problems with it and yes if you need new drivers for it that can be a massive headache

5. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

no touch screen yet, Im still using an old 15 inch screen from way back, its currently being used only for palying on the net, I use another pc with a big screen for proper work. I do intend to buy a new monitor and make the new Pc the work one but Ive been wating for this win 8 upgrade to arrive befor changing the roles of the Pc's. Getting a touch screen wont be that much more £money But Im having second thoughts, sofware as you say is anther thing I still use office 2003 never found the need to upgrde, but microsoft seem to idicate tht wont work with win 8, everything else should work :)pray:)

win 8 has been getting mixed reviews, best thing since sliced bread or as much use has rice paper awning, so basicly seeking info from people I can trust