LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I bought a new pc a while ago, it has win 7 installed but it allso had an offer to upgrade to win 8 for £15.......which is a tenner less than for other peoples, but as I see does not get you the media kit ?, but Imsure Ive seen somewhere thats a free add on anyway?

Has anybody done the upgrade or has a win 8 machine, is it a must? or should I just do it anyway to future proof the o/s?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
PM Jim he appears to be a world authority on this subject:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The big selling point I've seen for Windows 8 is that it is designed for touch screens. Does your PC have a touch screen?

The other points to consider are whether the manufacturers of your peripheral devices have produced Windows 8 drivers for them and whether the software you use will run on Windows 8.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
if your operating system is working leave well alone windows 8 maybe ok but i normally find to leave new stuff alone till they have ironed out all the problems with it and yes if you need new drivers for it that can be a massive headache

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
The big selling point I've seen for Windows 8 is that it is designed for touch screens. Does your PC have a touch screen?

The other points to consider are whether the manufacturers of your peripheral devices have produced Windows 8 drivers for them and whether the software you use will run on Windows 8.

no touch screen yet, Im still using an old 15 inch screen from way back, its currently being used only for palying on the net, I use another pc with a big screen for proper work. I do intend to buy a new monitor and make the new Pc the work one but Ive been wating for this win 8 upgrade to arrive befor changing the roles of the Pc's. Getting a touch screen wont be that much more £money But Im having second thoughts, sofware as you say is anther thing I still use office 2003 never found the need to upgrde, but microsoft seem to idicate tht wont work with win 8, everything else should work :)pray:)

win 8 has been getting mixed reviews, best thing since sliced bread or as much use has rice paper awning, so basicly seeking info from people I can trust

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back