Windows 7

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sedge, Dec 2, 2013.

1. sedge

sedge Funster

Feel sure somewhere on here, there's an answer already but no idea where to look.

If you have Windows 7 software, what do you have to do to a Windows 8 system to enable it to run?

This is a query someone on our Diabetes forum has, it's the software for a Glucometer which the mfrs have no plans in hand to release an update for. (It would be the same story for my pump and meter too)

But I feel sure someone knows the answer, or where it can be found, pretty please.

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Try installing it using Administrator rights and/or Compatibility settings. Most software will work but some still won't.

3. Biged

Biged Read Only Funster

Just install as you would on a Win 7 PC, never had a problem running software that's compatible with Win 7 on Win 8

My PC is dual boot 7 & 8 but we won't go into that :RollEyes:

4. dna

dna Funster

5. sedge

sedge Funster

Cheers, just found out it's a tablet though - so dunno if you can install with a CD like you do on a PC etc - so I'll tell her and see if any of that helps.

6. Allanm

Allanm Funster

If the tablet has a USB port, you can use an external cd/DVD drive to install the software.
    Allan

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Windows 8 tablet ?

There was something on The Gadget Show not long ago ( I flicked through a re-run the other day ) saying not a lot of "windows" software runs on a Windows 8 tablet.

Unless the tablet runs the old Intel ( Pentium etc ) chips it just can't run old windows software, totally different instruction set in the processor.

8. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I was gonna suggest you give Rolfy Dave a shout, but as you proly know he is a PC man not a tablet man :Sad:

9. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Mrs A has a windows 8 tablet. The only extra software she has on it is Office 2007. It works fine. Drivers for printers are downloaded automatically ( much like Macs have always been) and she has other accounting software that she used on a win 7 laptop that also works fine. She doesn't use anything else so I can't say if there are any problems with other software.

Allan