DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
While rummaging around on the internet I came across a solution (I hope) to something which has been slightly bothering me. My PC upgraded itself to Windows 10 but I have no Windows 10 DVD and if it all blows up, as Windows does from time to time in my experience, how was I going to re-install it? I know you can use Macrium Reflect but having a Windows 10 installation disk would be reassuring as a back stop.

It seems even Microsoft recognize this because you can download what you need here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You download the tool, which is a small file, then run it and it prompts you for what you want. I went for the disk option. It does warn you against running this on a Windows 10 PC as it says it overwrites temporary files which will prevent you reverting back to your old OS. However, I think after a time you can't revert so I've run it on my W10 PC anyway.

The ISO file then has to be burned to a PC and can be used to install Windows 10 on another PC or re-install if say you needed to fit a new HD.

Not sure about licence keys, I only have the one for W7 I had before. Ho Hum, I will find out if that is a problem if and when I come to re-install it!

?

Deleted User
You have been able to download that since 10 came out mate and the trial ones before it came out. As for your key i have just re installed 10 on both my laptops as i just did the update before. It excepted my Win 7 and 8.1 key to allow installation so i would just scribble that down safe keeping if you dont know it.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I heard that if that disc is played backwards you can hear Devil type music and satanic wailing, along with a smell of Incense
and most of your friends will die within a week
Even Worse
If you play it forwards it will instal Window 10:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
You have been able to download that since 10 came out mate and the trial ones before it came out. As for your key i have just re installed 10 on both my laptops as i just did the update before. It excepted my Win 7 and 8.1 key to allow installation so i would just scribble that down safe keeping if you dont know it.

^^ That was ment to end with....

If you dont know it give me a shout as i have a little app you run and it gives you your Windows and Office keys and a few others. Ill upload it if anyone needs it.

Reactions: DBK

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
right click on "this pc" then click "properties" and the key is shown!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back