Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Good afternoon.
I was wondering if anyone had used the anniversary update yet. Any problems, as I see some have been reported.
As always, any advice gratefully received.
Thanks.
Barrie,

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Mine wouldn't install trying to download it manually. No doubt I will get it "issued" to me eventually and hopefully when that happens it will be a version which works on my pc. :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I installed it on this machine and the laptop I use in the van a week or so ago with no problems (the laptop was manually). We then discovered that it was already installed on Jill's PC (since towards the end of August). She hadn't realised - she thought it was just a run of the mill release rather than anything special because it just ran as normal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
brother updated from 8 to 10, windows did a update thought it was just a normal thing, it corrupted the system and had to be sorted by a tech cost £30.00 , best to change AU to ask before updating if you have done the same, then say no to the update, what sys you on now?

OP
OP
bjandlin
Feb 29, 2012
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Thanks to you all. Sorry for late responce.
Still not sure whether to press the button though.
Using Win 10 HP.laptop.
Barrie.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks to you all. Sorry for late responce.
Still not sure whether to press the button though.
Using Win 10 HP.laptop.
Barrie.
If it doesn't work you can undo it. This what I did. So I would say give it a go.

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i have a Toshiba Windows 10 and it just started to update by itself I never even gave it permission to do so, I thought oh no here we go again update took 1.5 hours, anyway appears ok, I am just checking it out, I was ready get tech to sort at at a cost looks like I got away with it fingers crossed

OP
OP
bjandlin
Feb 29, 2012
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Well, I was VERY brave & pushed the button, a few hours later all seems OK.
I even have a few "APPS" that Microsoft think I need !! XBox @ 70 ? not for me thanks.
Thanks all.
Barrie.

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
windows is like a woman, it keeps changing its mind, anyway good luck with it

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Fingers Crossed Day.

Without "please" or even "We are.................." my PC locked up for an hour this morning. 1%..2%........

So like it or not this is Anniversary day for me.

Reactions: DBK

Deleted User
I would advise making a back up of all files before update as I found the format of my Excel files that contained graphs became corrupted and it took a while to sort them out.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I seem to have two disturbing problems.

CCleaner and Malwarebytes no longer work as before even when run as administrator.

Malwarebytes not at all.

CCleaner locks up at 13% when do a simple cleanup. Looks like its the IE cleanup that hangs it.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I seem to have two disturbing problems.

CCleaner and Malwarebytes no longer work as before even when run as administrator.

Malwarebytes not at all.

CCleaner locks up at 13% when do a simple cleanup. Looks like its the IE cleanup that hangs it.
I haven't used Malwarebytes since the update (don't use it often anyway) but CCleaner works as normal.
Could the problem be that you are using IE rather than a decent browser like Firefox? :whistle:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
At some stage something did invoke IE uninvited, normally FF.
I get that occasionally as well Brian. Some software, and parts of the OS, have always defaulted to IE.
The main one I get it with is Weborama, which I use to create/update web pages but it has never caused a problem for CCleaner other than a message coming up now and again saying that a cache (or something) for IE and Edge needs to be closed - but click on OK and it's fine.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Some software, and parts of the OS, have always defaulted to IE..

I have traced the CC problem to Internet Explorer history. If I un-check that CC finished. Odd but I can live with it.

I got a dose of Yahoo and Chrome too. B*****ds, load just about any free program these days and they slip something in. It's grooming, PC style. Here little thicko PC user, nice sweet program for you free........... Chrome slipped two in, Chrome and Chromium, not maliciously hidden but needed a good look to find both. Yahoo, this time, limited itself to just slipping one up FF.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have traced the CC problem to Internet Explorer history. If I un-check that CC finished. Odd but I can live with it.

I got a dose of Yahoo and Chrome too. B*****ds, load just about any free program these days and they slip something in. It's grooming, PC style. Here little thicko PC user, nice sweet program for you free........... Chrome slipped two in, Chrome and Chromium, not maliciously hidden but needed a good look to find both. Yahoo, this time, limited itself to just slipping one up FF.
Watch out for McAfee as well, usually accompanies Adobe products.
The only items I don't have checked in IE are Autocomplete Form History and Saved Passwords because I never use them so not worth bothering. IE History being checked doesn't cause a problem.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Green Ribbon of Death is how one website puts the file explorer problem. It's connected with building icons on directories with may photo/video files.

The answer is turn off Windows Search. Instant now.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Fingers Crossed Day.
Without "please" or even "We are.................." my PC locked up for an hour this morning. 1%..2%........
So like it or not this is Anniversary day for me.
I did my low tech i3 lappy the other day it took ages, then yesterday I did my super fast ram busting i7 ssd drive lappy in around half an hour. Have you thought of upgrading your hardware.(y);):)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I did my low tech i3 lappy the other day it took ages, then yesterday I did my super fast ram busting i7 ssd drive lappy in around half an hour. Have you thought of upgrading your hardware.(y);):)

I'm not a rich suvverner. Anyway all the valves glowing keep me warm and illuminated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back