Window wind deflectors (1 Viewer)

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I had some on my Boxer and they made the windows very stiff to wind up and down.
When I tried fitting them to the LT, the window became so tight that the glass broke free of the runner meaning I had to strip the door panel out to repair / rebuild it.
Pity because I like them. :Sad:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I had these on my last motorhome and they made the windows slow to operate with them needing a hand to pull them up.

On my latest MH I haven't bothered and don't miss them.

There are models that fit on the outside here... Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Be very careful, they were fitted to my motorhome when I bought it, what I didn't realise was that in use they were putting a strain on the power window motor to the extent it failed. So, one new motor fitted (not cheap) the guy at the garage told me it is quite a common thing to have the motor fail when the deflectors are fitted. Shame, because I liked to be able to drive with the window partially open without the wind and traffic noise..but I can't afford to replace the window motor for the sake of it :cry:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We bought some for our previous MH (on a Ford) and found that they did indeed strain the electric motor when putting the window down/up although they did stop the wind and rain coming in with the windows only open a bit which we were pleased with especially with 3 dogs who like to 'sniff' the fresh air!

They also had quite a tint to them so when looking at the scenery etc through the side window all I saw was the darker area in my eye line which I didn't like. When we changed vans to a Fiat we didn't bother getting any more, however if the ones that stick on the outside were clear rather than smoke tinted I'd consider getting them again!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back