Window Tinting (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
Very easy to make a nice van look shit. Watch lots of youtube clips then decide if you want to do it. I ended up scrapping the youtube way and soaking the glass with water/soap, peeling the film and sticking it on to cut. You will see what i mean after watching a few clips.

My first attempt was shit

I have since taken it off and doing it again. I nailed one and the other looks much better. What you see round the edges is air pockets what is quite hard to see when working on the inside. The film rips easy and its hard to get properly into the edges to get under the window rubbers. I nailed the side windows (sorry no up to date pics)
If you like DIY and i say go for it as the film is cheap enough. I used this guy

You will see a chart in the advert to tint levels. Make sure you have extra blades and use a new one on each window. You need razor sharp or the tint starts to catch and rip. If you make an arse of it use heat to get the tint off and make sure you wash away all the hard to see glue or it will show on your next attempt.

Good luck

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Be very careful where you tint. The plastic windows don't like glue. After a few months they are liable to break down and possibly crack. I've tinted hundreds of windows during my career but after initially tinting some caravan windows and seeing the effect I stopped. NO more tint to plastic. The caravans and motor homes that come tinted are manufactured that way. It's finest on glass.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Mick who does my tints also will NOT tint plastic -although he once tinted me a clear loo window with a frosted tint rather successfully (y)
terry

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
My van had tinted glass when I bought it. A couple of times when carrying lengths of timber I accidently gave it a dig. Got to be very careful, looks worse than ever, wish I never had it now. Good luck.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
On a few Ford forums I'm a member of, there's lots of people using spray on tint - whether or not that may work for you I can't confirm, but maybe worth investigation at least ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back