Window Stays For A Swift Escape 622 (1 Viewer)

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
The stays that came with the van seem so plastic and flimsy I want to change them for the click clack type. I don't know whether the windows are S4 or S5, also, I measure the current stays as 380mm but the sizes are 350mm or 400mm. Can any one help me with sizes or (from where to where) how to measure?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
No idea what windows you have.. but O'learys motorhome parts have stays in several sizes ..

black-tube-stay-150mm-perma-fix-end-1446-p[ekm]270x185[ekm].jpg

http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/index.asp?function=search

put 'stays' into the search box

OP
OP
kglblue

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
Thanks Jim, I've looked into this some more and I'm going to leave well alone. I can't afford my dream van ( a Hymer) so, I thought I'd upgrade the fittings on the van I have, I was looking at the click clack type of window stays. The stays on my Swift escape are really cheap and tacky. My previous van was a 2001 Elddis Sunseeker 25 and it was 12 years old when I bought it, what I didn't realise, was that the fittings on this 'older' van were high quality and top of the range and included click clack window stays. Having looked into it would be more trouble than it's worth to get the tacky ones off and replace them with click clack. I've upgraded by fitting a solar panel, I've beefed up the leisure battery and changed to gaslow refillable bottles. I don't think I can do any more so I shall enjoy my van and give thanks that I have one, and can tour Europe drinking wine and eating oysters, living the good life. lol. Just noticed that you have the kind of Hymer van that I would like, green with envy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back