Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Weve had our van since feb & it has a dealer warranty

Last month we noticed a leak in wales in treaturus conditions (apologies for the grammar Google doesn't recognize my attempt)
We found a leak in one rear window & it was on the side that was taking a beating so I pulled out the tools & tightened up the screws which slowed the leak down to almost nothing.

I thought id give it some time to allow for any seepage that had already started to follow through.

Well weve noticed no leaks since but its in the back of my mind now.......

The question is Do i remove the offending window & re-seal it & is it worthwhile doing all the windows.

What do you think ???????????

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
anything that has leaked once, will leak again unless it is properly resealed, and sadly thats a fact. you may not see it till the wallboard ad insulation has become wet because you actually saw it leaking, you have hopefully caught it in time.

If it has a warranty, have it fixed by the dealer

Upvote 0

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
anything that has leaked once, will leak again unless it is properly resealed, and sadly thats a fact. you may not see it till the wallboard ad insulation has become wet because you actually saw it leaking, you have hopefully caught it in time.

If it has a warranty, have it fixed by the dealer

i agree with this,,,get the dealer to do it,,then if anything goes wrong its down to them to repair,,,if you do it yourself and damage anything then you have to pay to fix it....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Weve had our van since feb & it has a dealer warranty

Last month we noticed a leak in wales in treaturus conditions (apologies for the grammar Google doesn't recognize my attempt)
We found a leak in one rear window & it was on the side that was taking a beating so I pulled out the tools & tightened up the screws which slowed the leak down to almost nothing.

I thought id give it some time to allow for any seepage that had already started to follow through.

Well weve noticed no leaks since but its in the back of my mind now.......

The question is Do i remove the offending window & re-seal it & is it worthwhile doing all the windows.

What do you think ???????????

It's commendable that you want to do it yourself, but defo don't touch it as it'll prob invalidate any future warranty and no one wants that to happen!!! :whatthe:

Take it back to the dealer and chat to them. My bet is that they'll want to have it looked at for fear of huge future repair bills, or in the very least support you in conducting the repairs ::bigsmile:

Good luck and keep us posted please :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Its going Back next week for warrinty repairs

1, Heater Element
2, Window Leak

& its easier for me to make no.3 myself new n/s drive shaft & have it done either by there preferred mechanic or a more suitable closer location of my choice like the workshop by best mate works in.

:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back