LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have a problem with a blind cassette on my 2002 B584.

1 of the attachments that is fixed to the back of the blind that the cord goes through has come off.

There are no visible marks on the unit apart from the one shown in the picture, so I am not sure what make it is. Has anyone else had the problem, and if so did you manage to fix it?

If its not fixable does anyone know what make this window is and where I might be able to get a replacement blind?
Thanks,
Lloyd.

blind1.jpg blind2.jpg blind3.jpg

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I had a 2002 Hymer BC 544 and I'm sure the blind was Remis but it wasn't a concertina like yours (mine was a flat surface blind).

My current van has a concertina blind and that is made by Seitz, possibly an S5. I'm sure it's fixable if it's just the cord anchor fixing that has broken.

I got spare seitz parts from Premier Motorhomes in Chichester (Hymer dealer). Speak to Chris in spare parts department, very helpful guy.

I live in Pound Hill so PM me if you need further assistance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have a problem with a blind cassette on my 2002 B584.

1 of the attachments that is fixed to the back of the blind that the cord goes through has come off.

There are no visible marks on the unit apart from the one shown in the picture, so I am not sure what make it is. Has anyone else had the problem, and if so did you manage to fix it?

If its not fixable does anyone know what make this window is and where I might be able to get a replacement blind?
Thanks,
Lloyd.

View attachment 148698 View attachment 148699 View attachment 148700
Looking at the middle picture I'd say the cord should go over the plastic guide then through the tape attachment. Try simply hooking the cord over the guide then test. If it's OK glue the folded tape guide back on.

OP
OP
LPB

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
I had a 2002 Hymer BC 544 and I'm sure the blind was Remis but it wasn't a concertina like yours (mine was a flat surface blind).

My current van has a concertina blind and that is made by Seitz, possibly an S5. I'm sure it's fixable if it's just the cord anchor fixing that has broken.

I got spare seitz parts from Premier Motorhomes in Chichester (Hymer dealer). Speak to Chris in spare parts department, very helpful guy.

I live in Pound Hill so PM me if you need further assistance.

Thanks, I know my rooflights are Remis and they have the same blinds.
You would think the manufacturers would make it easy to identify things - obviously not.
Its not the cord anchor but just the fold of fabric that has come unstuck - maybe I should try and stick it with fabric glue,
but I suspect it has some pressure on it so doubt it would be that successful. I will try Chris and see if he can help.
Lloyd.

OP
OP
LPB

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Looking at the middle picture I'd say the cord should go over the plastic guide then through the tape attachment. Try simply hooking the cord over the guide then test. If it's OK glue the folded tape guide back on.

Tony,
Yes it goes over the guide, I took it off to take a better picture of the fabric that has come unstuck.
Real question is what glue to use?
Lloyd

OP
OP
LPB

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
My wife had some super sticky fabric glue so I have use that and put a bulldog clip on it.
Will let you know how successful it is.
Thanks to everyone,
Lloyd.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back