window bands

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by jaygee, Aug 20, 2016.

1. jaygee

jaygee Funster

Help needed to locate a window repair kit, this is the sliding band that fits around the internal frame with the locking clips on. Googled and Googled with no success. Its a Seitz window which i believe is common to many motor-homes/caravans.
    Tony

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by a "sliding band". Have you a photo, or the identification code, which you can post to help identify it?

This page may help.

3. jaygee

jaygee Funster

i've done a temp repair with cable ties - the black strips - but need the sliding band that fits around the internal frame with the locking clips on. photo2.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Do you mean the grey infill strip has pulled away in the corner due to shrinkage ?

Happened to one of ours. Took heat gun, got it soft, pushed it back in place. Sorted.

5. BwB

BwB Funster Life Member

It's called a sliding cam for the central locking.

http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/files/05_s7-window.pdf

Page 12 should give you a good start and leisurespares should be able to supply the parts. Although doing a bit more googling with the part numbers might also give results :)

6. jaygee

jaygee Funster

Yes Brian it is the grey infill strip,ours has not shrunk but has cracked in several places hence the glued on cable tie, you can see the break.
    The strip has gone very brittle due to age and sunlight.

7. s20hymer

s20hymer Funster

hya brownhills have them in stock they come in kits for all sizes of windows common on hymers good luck.. i think they are about £50 a pop

8. pjay

pjay Funster

I've got 3 seitz windows on my Hymer, on all 3 the central locking strip sliders have gone brittle and cracked, probably with age as mine is a 2006 model.

I've got used to manually sliding them to either lock or unlock the window, I wouldn't pay £150 for 3 but i'm a tight git.

I look on it as an extra security measure as you have to turn the central locking key and move the sliders to get the window open.

You've given me an idea though with the cable ties, might be worth trying to source some grey plastic strip instead that matches the sliders and bond that on, thanks for the tip.

Pete

9. jaygee

jaygee Funster

Thanks for all your help. now found what i want but expensive for what they are, may try another fix

Tony

10. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I have just one cracked, but not prepared to fork out £50. At the moment I just move it manually, I tried a bodge with duck tape but it didn't last long, the cable tie looks better.