LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Does anyone know of a supplier from which we can obtain some of the fine mesh fabric from which Windblocker panels are made?

We would like to make a free-standing windbreak using that sort of fabric rather than the traditional stuff.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I think it is Dutch used by flower growers,have you googled it?

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Graham wants to make his own!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Maybe it is worth asking windblockers for a quote to make or supply what you are asking for. No harm in asking ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Try these people - Pointnorth

Have a look at the the Textilene Mesh, but it is not cheap.
Comes in various colours. They have lots of other interesting stuff too.

Best ask for samples to see if they suit you .. you might prefer the cheaper sort.

Cheers

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I must add we used our windblocker end panels this weekend.....awesome product. It was blowing a hoolly and the Cadac wasn't even breathed on, amazing. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I must add we used our windblocker end panels this weekend.....awesome product. It was blowing a hoolly and the Cadac wasn't even breathed on, amazing. ::bigsmile:

We used one of our end panels on Saturday and it worked fine. Trouble was that the awning itself was noisy in the strong, gusting wind. We didn't really need anything overhead, which is where the idea for just a windbreak came in.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Graham, as the windblocker fabric is available in various colours have you not considered getting some extra...............

............... then Jill could also make matching net curtains so they would be nicely colour coded with your windbreak and stop draughts in the motorhome:winky:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham, as the windblocker fabric is available in various colours have you not considered getting some extra...............

............... then Jill could also make matching net curtains so they would be nicely colour coded with your windbreak and stop draughts in the motorhome:winky:

I knew there was a good reason for asking advice on Fun. Just can't remember it at the moment :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

malrider

Free Member
May 12, 2012
CARDIFF
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
since a child
Wind block fabric

hI i have set of wind blockers on my van and was so impressed that i decided ti make my own set for use on patio the material is heavy polyester voile available on Ebay I got mine here very pleased
Link Removed

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
hI i have set of wind blockers on my van and was so impressed that i decided ti make my own set for use on patio the material is heavy polyester voile available on Ebay I got mine here very pleased
Link Removed

Thanks. Jill says that looks like it will do the job so we'll get some :thumb:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Fabric ordered Tuesday, arrived today, windbreak made and looks like it will work just fine. Thanks again :thumb:

Well done Jill looking forward to seeing it up, are you putting pics on?

How did you source the uprights?
Could do with a new set for us :thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Looks good stuff Graham, did you get the Pink or the Lilac? :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Looks good stuff Graham, did you get the Pink or the Lilac? :ROFLMAO:
We were doing it for us not you Rob :roflmto:

Will this normal material keep the wind out?? I thought it was a special fabric ??
As Malrider said, it is polyester voile. After he had posted, Jill looked deeper into the Windblocker site and confirmed that.

Well done Jill looking forward to seeing it up, are you putting pics on?

How did you source the uprights?
Could do with a new set for us :thumb:
Might do some pics, depending on the weather.

We used old tent poles for the uprights but both metal and wooden ones are available fairly widely - Google windbreak poles.

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well this thread has got me thinking.... :RollEyes:Think I might give this a go, so popped to the garden centre today and they sell green plastic coated metal garden stakes with a point at one end. 1.2m long, £1.79 each. They seem quite strong and light. What do people think..would this work? :Smile:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well this thread has got me thinking.... :RollEyes:Think I might give this a go, so popped to the garden centre today and they sell green plastic coated metal garden stakes with a point at one end. 1.2m long, £1.79 each. They seem quite strong and light. What do people think..would this work? :Smile:

The only thing I would query is whether they are long enough. The poles I've found when Googling are around 60 inches long. You have to allow for so much being in the ground in use.

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the thought Graham I hadn't considered the amount needed to go in the ground:Doh:
They sell a longer one (about as tall as our house):Eeek: with slightly bigger diameter. I suppose I could hacksaw the tops off and cap the rough metal ends off with something. Maybe those plastic end thingys for canes to stop you poking your eyes out!!:roflmto:

Jane

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Please no one has answered yet. Does the e bay material keep out the wind? Does that mean the windbreakers are not made of special stuff ??

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Please no one has answered yet. Does the e bay material keep out the wind? Does that mean the windbreakers are not made of special stuff ??
I thought I had answered it last night :Smile:

On the Windblocker web site Link Removed it says "They are made from a very light polyester voile......................"

The material we obtained from the eBay supplier is polyester voile which is very similar. Is it special? Depends what you mean by special :Smile:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I thought I had answered it last night :Smile:

On the Windblocker web site Link Removed it says "They are made from a very light polyester voile......................"

The material we obtained from the eBay supplier is polyester voile which is very similar. Is it special? Depends what you mean by special :Smile:

Ooops sorry obviously did not read slowly enough and missed it !! Too much rose :ROFLMAO:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Wind block fabric

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=230795796099
Is the material foldable into really small like the windblockers, do they keep out the draft and are that waterproof at all? Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back