Wind out awning not fully retracted (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We have an Omnistor wind out awning, it is 5.5m long which I think may be the reason why one end does not fully pull in. I recently had an issue where when half out I could not wind out or in, it was like the cogs were slipping. Then it moved again and I wound it in but the front end is still stuck at a slight angle. Is there anything that an poor DIYer can try, or is it a service job?

David

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Are you sure there are no twigs or leaves stuck to the roof of the awning?

We couldn't wind ours in once until I cleared a load of acorns that had landed on it while it was out.

If you are not sure wind it right out and then reduce the front leg height far enough for you to see right to the top of the awning. if there is debris use a brush to sweep it off.

Good luck:thumb:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Not sure about the Omnistor but we had this problem two weeks ago with our Fiamma.
The gearbox was slipping and it would not wind fully in. I ordered and fitted a new gearbox and the problem was sorted. Hope yours is as easy to fix.:thumb:

Last edited:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
On the Fiamma company website the are all series of videos demonstrating how to fix different awning problems. I'm sure there is one describing the fix for your problem. I know it's a different brand but it might point you in the right direction.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We once had similar trouble with ours when the legs were clipped back in wrongly (foot turned the wrong way round).

We have had that problem too

Several times - usually on the side I have put the leg in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Are you sure there are no twigs or leaves stuck to the roof of the awning?

We couldn't wind ours in once until I cleared a load of acorns that had landed on it while it was out.

If you are not sure wind it right out and then reduce the front leg height far enough for you to see right to the top of the awning. if there is debris use a brush to sweep it off.

Good luck:thumb:

Thanks for this, I had wound in a 12" twig that had done 2 loops and left a decent crease, no idea how but think it was a rainfall related hurry. Things are better but not fully fixed yet

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back