Will the EHIC still be valid if the vote is out (1 Viewer)

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
The bulldog spirit does not run from a problem, it sticks with it and makes it right!
Exactly right Ken and that is why, when we leave, we may well regain the "Bull Dog" spirit, overcome the problems and become the proud independent nation we used to be!

Not the lapdogs of an unelected bureaucratic disaster (AKA The L'EU'natic Asylum)!

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
We are
The bulldog spirit does not run from a problem, it sticks with it and makes it right!
We are in a much better position to influence changes to make Europe a better place for us all by being part of the EU than not. Maybe stronger politicians would help. I can understand people who love the UK and have no wish to leave its borders wanting out but being out will almost certainly be a bad thing for travellers and not just within the EU. Consider the effects of GBP exchange rates and the stock markets. Most of us have some or all of our current or future incomes heavily dependant on the markets through pension investments.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Maybe because they are Britain and not Europe. . Thinking out loud here. .

The IOM is part of the British Isles but NOT part of Great Britain.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Maybe because they are Britain and not Europe. . Thinking out loud here. .

Does that apply to foreign EHIC users though? San Marino and The Vatican are also on the list.
You'll rely on God to save you there, (for an appropriate donation into the collection box)!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Who knows? One of the many risks we take if we vote for out. We have no idea what changes the EU might make when we have no influence at all. Better the devil you know than risking the unknown.

We managed for hundreds of years without being a member. Does not matter what changes they make if we are out. Fear of mass migration is my fear because lets face it WE ARE FULL,,,thats why you can't get your kids into your chosen school..cant get an appointment at the doctors,,A ands E is overloaded and travel in our country by road or rail is chaotic,,,WE ARE FULL and the only way to curb immigration is to vote OUT. BUSBY.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The IOM is part of the British Isles but NOT part of Great Britain.

Dave
Confused here then Dave if the IOM is not part of Great Britain who is their government,? Are they totally independent? If so how do they govern themselves ? Roy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I am not so confident. Also still undecided as to which way to vote . ..I was led to believe I was voting originally for a common market not a common government and law courts with their own ideas of sovereignty..so am finding it difficult to make a reasoned decision based on what was to what could be.
Yes, we voted in 1975 for something entirely different but we have also, by electing the parliaments which agreed to them, voted for the changes which have happened since.
What we are now being asked to do its to decide between the status quo with the changes negotiated by Cameron (the significance of which are open to our individual interpretations) and a radical change which may or may not be good for the country.
We know what the (amended) status quo is because we have experienced (at least most of) it. What we do not know is what the radical change would result in. Unfortunately, so far, the Brexit backers have been unable to tell us that. I sincerely hope that they are able to do so in the coming couple of months because otherwise it will be a matter of choosing between the status quo and a leap of faith (rather than a step onto what is most likely to be solid ground).
When did that "Bulldog Spirit" die?
Possibly when the Empire was broken up and those of our fellow citizens who prospered on the backs of others suddenly had to do it for themselves?

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Yes, we voted in 1975 for something entirely different but we have also, by electing the parliaments which agreed to them, voted for the changes which have happened since.
What we are now being asked to do its to decide between the status quo with the changes negotiated by Cameron (the significance of which are open to our individual interpretations) and a radical change which may or may not be good for the country.
We know what the (amended) status quo is because we have experienced (at least most of) it. What we do not know is what the radical change would result in. Unfortunately, so far, the Brexit backers have been unable to tell us that. I sincerely hope that they are able to do so in the coming couple of months because otherwise it will be a matter of choosing between the status quo and a leap of faith (rather than a step onto what is most likely to be solid ground).

Possibly when the Empire was broken up and those of our fellow citizens who prospered on the backs of others suddenly had to do it for themselves?
Well said and eloquently put.

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
We managed for hundreds of years without being a member. Does not matter what changes they make if we are out. Fear of mass migration is my fear because lets face it WE ARE FULL,,,thats why you can't get your kids into your chosen school..cant get an appointment at the doctors,,A ands E is overloaded and travel in our country by road or rail is chaotic,,,WE ARE FULL and the only way to curb immigration is to vote OUT. BUSBY.
Unfortunately voting out now does not revert us to the situation we may have been in if we had never joined. Leaving the EU does not automatically solve the immigrant/refugee crisis. Do you really think they will just stop arriving after an exit, especially if we have no support from the rest of the EU?

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I will vote out,

because i dont trust politions

I trust politions whoose language I dont understand or speak, even less.

vote out,

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Unfortunately voting out now does not revert us to the situation we may have been in if we had never joined. Leaving the EU does not automatically solve the immigrant/refugee crisis. Do you really think they will just stop arriving after an exit, especially if we have no support from the rest of the EU?

Don't mix up legal with illegal immigrants!

If we leave the EU then there will only be legal immigrants that we agree to!

Illegal immigration is a completely different issue and nothing to do with the EU!

At the moment pretty much anyone whose country is an EU member, can come to the UK, and that provides the majority of immigrants in the UK!

When we come out of the EU they will stop coming, in the numbers they do now!

When we only provide benefits to UK nationals (which the EU will not let us do) IMO, many of the illegals will stop trying to get in, too!

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004

Illegal immigration is a completely different issue and nothing to do with the EU!

At the moment pretty much anyone whose country is an EU member can come to the UK, and that provides the majority of immigrants in the UK!

When we come out of the EU they will stop coming!

When we only provide benefits to UK nationals (which the EU will not let us do) IMO, many of the illegals will stop trying to get in, too!

IMHO.....wishful thinking.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
No one truely knows what will happen if there is a Brexit ,at the moment the EU is a sinking ship which to my eyes looks to be going to sink ,if we remain part of the EU ,we will sink with it ,if we leave we may cause the EU to collapse . The only way that i can see the EU working is as a single entity,where every European votes for a Political Party and a European president ,a political set up where you have a house of Lords and an elected representative, a non political central bank. The citizens of the UK are not alone in being unhappy with the EU ,so what is the solution?
Theres is too much political infighting in the EU for it to ever act as a single entity and it will continue as a rudder less system for a very long time unless something is done .The EU has been hijacked by corrupt politicians and needs to be changed and i cant see the UK even as part of it being able to bring about those changes , so it needs to unravel itself and then to be rebuilt learning from its mistakes,so im an out voter
The EU has never submitted an set of accounts that has been signed off by the auditors,in the tax year ending 2013 there was over 6 Billion that could not be accounted for.
As for the EHIC card,i dont think that will change

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Well we know what staying in means though don't we,,more European control of our laws, mass immigration from Turkey and Morocco because they are hell bent on letting them join (Ford have built their biggest commercial van plant in Turkey on the back of this) When they join our payments into EC will have to increase to support them..Out for me.BUSBY.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No one truely knows what will happen if there is a Brexit ,at the moment the EU is a sinking ship which to my eyes looks to be going to sink ,if we remain part of the EU ,we will sink with it ,if we leave we may cause the EU to collapse . The only way that i can see the EU working is as a single entity,where every European votes for a Political Party and a European president ,a political set up where you have a house of Lords and an elected representative, a non political central bank. The citizens of the UK are not alone in being unhappy with the EU ,so what is the solution?
Theres is too much political infighting in the EU for it to ever act as a single entity and it will continue as a rudder less system for a very long time unless something is done .The EU has been hijacked by corrupt politicians and needs to be changed and i cant see the UK even as part of it being able to bring about those changes , so it needs to unravel itself and then to be rebuilt learning from its mistakes,so im an out voter
The EU has never submitted an set of accounts that has been signed off by the auditors,in the tax year ending 2013 there was over 6 Billion that could not be accounted for.
As for the EHIC card,i dont think that will change
The main point that struck me, reading that post, is the mention of citizens of other countries being unhappy with the current situation. If that is the case (and I also think it is) then the stresses caused will tend to act against political union and the EU will have little option but to revert to something more like the trading bloc of its initial concept if it is to survive. It seems that many people (in both in and out camps) would be content with that. An argument, therefore, for staying and building a viable alternative through careful alteration rather than demolition and uncertain redevelopment.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I get a little jacked off hearing how the Brexit camp cant tell us what UK will be if we (hopefully, or UK is sunk) vote out.
What they can tell us is that we will have control of our own country, borders, finances and world trade, a priviledge denied us as an EU member.

Can the in camp tell us what shape UK will take if we (God forbid) vote in?
All they can tell us is there will continue to be more European control, no control over our borders and destiny, no control over our finances, greater monetary contributions to finance the cock ups of an organisation already in meltdown.
They can tell us that Germany and the E Euro states, soon to include Turkey, therefore open borders with Syria and a further flood into an already full and overstretched UK, will overrule any UK proposal that restricts their UK based financial gravy train.

Any alteration to the gravy train status quo is a non starter.
Should we vote in, a clear message will be given to the gravy train riders that they can impose what ever they like upon UK with impunity.

For the sake of the UK.....OUT.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I get a little jacked off hearing how the Brexit camp cant tell us what UK will be if we (hopefully, or UK is sunk) vote out.
What they can tell us is that we will have control of our own country, borders, finances and world trade, a priviledge denied us as an EU member.
I get a little jacked off when they can't tell us what tangible benefits such control would give us :)

If they know of tangible benefits why don't they tell us what they are? If they can't do that why not just admit up front that they are promoting a leap into the unknown?

Surely being presented with the facts on both sides it isn't too much to ask is it? How else are we to make up our minds other than by prejudice against or blind faith in one or the other?

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
The main point that struck me, reading that post, is the mention of citizens of other countries being unhappy with the current situation. If that is the case (and I also think it is) then the stresses caused will tend to act against political union and the EU will have little option but to revert to something more like the trading bloc of its initial concept if it is to survive. It seems that many people (in both in and out camps) would be content with that. An argument, therefore, for staying and building a viable alternative through careful alteration rather than demolition and uncertain redevelopment.

Sometimes it is quicker, easier and cheaper, to demolish and rebuild, than to try to patch it up!
That way you get rid of the old and inefficient and replace it with the new and efficient!
The EU is (what we called in the Army) BER, (Beyond Economical Repair)

If the fact that the UK leaves, brings down the house of cards, then we will have done a lot of people a huge favour.

How do we know that other countries wont ask to join us in a revived EFTA?

We don't!
But it would be good to find out!
Someone has to make the first move and it has fallen to us, so go for it I say.
Lead the way, like we always used to!!!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
As the topic has moved on from the original query I'll throw in the fact that George Osborne failed to answer AM's point this morning that Turkey gaining admission to the EU would throw open the door to some 70m of them crossing the borders. :eek:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I get a little jacked off when they can't tell us what tangible benefits such control would give us :)

If they know of tangible benefits why don't they tell us what they are? If they can't do that why not just admit up front that they are promoting a leap into the unknown?

Surely being presented with the facts on both sides it isn't too much to ask is it? How else are we to make up our minds other than by prejudice against or blind faith in one or the other?

You are never going to get the answers you are looking for from either side, because there are no answers other than educated guesses.
Wether we stay in, or come out, no one knows for certain what the future holds!
The only thing anyone can say is that to stay in means, more of the same!

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
You are never going to get the answers you are looking for from either side, because there are no answers other than educated guesses.
Wether we stay in, or come out, no one knows for certain what the future holds!
The only thing anyone can say is that to stay in means, more of the same!

You could try a fortune teller Graham;)

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting

At the moment pretty much anyone whose country is an EU member, can come to the UK, and that provides the majority of immigrants in the UK!

When we come out of the EU they will stop coming, in the numbers they do now!

1) I am not
2) We wish
3) Not true. We work in partnership with the EU in an attempt to control the illegal influx
4) Mainly true, but do you have the figures that prove overall they are a drain on our economy.
5) Perhaps
6) We wish!

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
1) I am not
2) We wish
3) Not true. We work in partnership with the EU in an attempt to control the illegal influx
4) Mainly true, but do you have the figures that prove overall they are a drain on our economy.
5) Perhaps
6) We wish!

Brilliant!!!:LOL:

The In Crowd keep asking for answers and when you give them a few they come back with this:rolleyes:

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
As veteran pensioners we have opted to vote the way our children decide.
We believe that they, as parents themselves should make the decision as they see fit, as it will be them and their kids that will be affected by any changes.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
As veteran pensioners we have opted to vote the way our children decide.
We believe that they, as parents themselves should make the decision as they see fit, as it will be them and their kids that will be affected by any changes.
Even if you think they are wrong?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back