Will Spain be safe next year ? (2 Viewers)

ChrisF

Free Member
Jun 2, 2012
Southwest Crete
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 months
Better dig a hole in your garden, cos if the poo hits the fan in Europe, well to be blunt, you aint gunner fine a bank left standing, in Europe or the UK. But at least the man with the villa will be broke in the sun and not the rain:Smile:

I understand that many Greeks have bundles of Euro notes stuffed under the mattress or at the bottom of their freezer. They don't trust banks at the best of times and certainly not now.

If Greece were to leave the Euro, for whatever reason, there could be a delay of several weeks before the 'New Drachma' is printed and readily available and the ATMs will be empty from Day One. Remember the queues outside the building societies in UK?

It would be likely that the Euro, although not the official currency, would still be far more valuable, desirable and convertible than any new currency.

During a visit to Poland after the fall of the Wall, I was accosted by a young Polish boy selling postcards. I decided to buy some, as I am a soft touch, and asked how many Zloty he wanted. His reply was quite emphatic:

US Dollar, D Mark or GB Pound - No Zloty!

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Better dig a hole in your garden, cos if the poo hits the fan in Europe, well to be blunt, you aint gunner fine a bank left standing, in Europe or the UK. But at least the man with the villa will be broke in the sun and not the rain:Smile:

Vested interests will not let that happen..........the banks will be propped up by printing money.
In this country QE looks like it might be happening again today........we can print more money and therefore the banks will continue. Eventually eurobonds will happen.............with germany bailing out southern europe.

The euro polititians are so wedded to the idea of a united europe that they will continue till populations rise up and there is blood in the streets.......

barry

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi jj. its easy they or the liquadators will take you to the cleaners .
they will try to get it all or maybe put a charge on your property.
you may be owed by them but unless its alot you wont get it back. only a small percentage if anything . usually its a lose ,lose situation.

hi bill. if you have a camper you can go where ever you want . far better not to have the property in spain . i made that decision years ago. but dont want to break your fantasy. hee hee

brian . think we have been here before about the uk car industry .there is only a small industry left . its a shame but the money people took it to other countries .and the m,bike industry . i see you are a proud british owner of camper and m,bikes and support the uk industry .hee hee

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
hi jj. its easy they or the liquadators will take you to the cleaners .

Well it is a good job they won't go belly up then :thumb: (even though I don't owe them €80,000)

But if the whole of Europe has crashed and there is blood flowing in the streets like some here suggest... where will the liquidators get the electricity from to work their computers to find out who owes whom what?

JJ :Cool:

ChrisF

Free Member
Jun 2, 2012
Southwest Crete
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 months
I bank with Santander...

A question...

Suppose I owe them €80,000 and they go belly up...

What then?

It would be nice to think that you would be let off but that is unlikely to be the case. The reality is that you would be hunted down and the money extracted from you even if you were owed by Santander.

I was in this position with a supplier: they went bust owning me commission on previous sales. I owed them money for goods I had received. The outcome is not hard to guess.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ChrisF

Free Member
Jun 2, 2012
Southwest Crete
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 months
where will the liquidators get the electricity from to work their computers to find out who owes whom what?

If the balloon goes up, the Internet and cellular networks are often the first to go.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dont worry trhey back it up for their benefit ,not yours .
anyway we are ok here in cornwall .we already have our own govt etc its been planning and getting ready for all this to happen.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
This could turn out to be a really stupid question. Is the Euro identical in every EU country. Can any Euro issued in Greece be identified as Greek etc does it differ from a Euro issued in Germany .....:Wacko: Just something I heard.:Smile:

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
:ROFLMAO: it's getting that I dearn't open this thread anymore :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: digging a hole in the bottom of the garden this afternoon :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: JJ have you got a empty pitch :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: anyone changing euro's into doller's /gold :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: by the way why is the price of gold dropping :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: have you all scrapped it :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: Help stop the world i want to get off :ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A couple of hours ago Spain managed to get a good rate on a few billion € of bonds she sold. So its looking a bit better, they just need a few more quid to re finance a bank or two and next year we'll all be singing..

"We're all off to sunny spain, el viva en espana"::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
now that another topic the film cocoon comes to mind . but remember when the last human being breaths its last breathe .

the world maybe a better place.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
n.

hi bill. if you have a camper you can go where ever you want . far better not to have the property in spain . i made that decision years ago. but dont want to break your fantasy. hee hee

Yes I have a camper, yes I have property in UK, yes I have a villa in Spain........My bum is covered:winky:

Dont know if I am having a fantasy.......When I was younger I had one, but she was very nice:Blush:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi bill. thats good you have it covered . many dont. seen lots get it wrong over the years .
some just seem to tip a life savings down the drain. i,m sure you have met a few.
i,m sure the sun melts the brains of some.
bit like the act of going on holiday with two grand . how much have you got to spend ..most say two grand .
i say i dont have to spend anything if i dont want to.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
hi bill. thats good you have it covered . many dont. seen lots get it wrong over the years .
some just seem to tip a life savings down the drain. i,m sure you have met a few.
i,m sure the sun melts the brains of some.
bit like the act of going on holiday with two grand . how much have you got to spend ..most say two grand .
i say i dont have to spend anything if i dont want to.

Hello Alan
I`m covered because I used to be a TRUCKER!!!!!::bigsmile: and seen it all before:Eeek:

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
This could turn out to be a really stupid question. Is the Euro identical in every EU country. Can any Euro issued in Greece be identified as Greek etc does it differ from a Euro issued in Germany .....:Wacko: Just something I heard.:Smile:

The banks will close over a long weekend.and greek euros will be overstamped
to identify them till the new currency is ready...........I gather this is what happened in Argentina. ( not with euros :)

barry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am pleased to say I have no Y issued notes

I am pleased to say I have no Y issued euro notes.... I can see in some places this may be an issue.. but not so sure that those in circulation will not be honoured.. but time will tell.

Who next? Spain????

Bob:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back