Will a normal cooker work on LPG? (1 Viewer)

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I am rebuilding my Static Caravan from scratch and i want a new gas Hob and Oven!
I'm basically looking for advice as i cannot foresee any reason why i could not buy a normal house set up and plumb it into my bottled gas system!
Can any of you guys enlighten me?
Or is this just another mysterious taboo that for no reason makes you buy the more expensive option just like camping televisions?

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
Peter use to work for a cooker manafactory and he says that all cookers are the same its just the jets that are differant and must be changed ,some cookers come with both sets .Hope this helps .

Betty

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Betty is quite right (as if I, a mere man would question a womans knowledge on cookers)
In any cooker specification it will state Natural, LPG or Both, if both it is normal for a new cooker to come with the LPG jet in a plastic bag
Geo​

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Betty is quite right (as if I, a mere man would question a womans knowledge on cookers)
In any cooker specification it will state Natural, LPG or Both, if both it is normal for a new cooker to come with the LPG jet in a plastic bag
Geo​

But surely the bags well melt Geo?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi if it doesn't you can order the new jets from the manufacturer.

Olley

R

reader

Deleted User
I wouldnt have thought you would have much trouble getting replacement parts if you chose someone who did both. I see you are in Lancashire, well Stoves of Rainhill do Mains Gas and LPG Cookers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back