Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Think yourself lucky Roger, you could have been at Seaburn - then you would have got a ticket & had your wheels pinched :ROFLMAO: But you would have scored for some nice bricks ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Arrived today at Miserton, to tired to go hunting another wild spot so actually paying for a few nights a world record. Tis quiet only one other motorhome arrived and not sure who that is yet or even if they are funsters. Will go on the prowl in a min to find out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sunday breakfast, just before we leave Misterton
Link Removed
Thanks everyone for a super meet.
We then set off for snake pass across the Peak district national park, what a super road. we found a deserted layby for the night on sunday before the final run into Manchester.

now thats what I call a view. In the morning a NIMBY with a burger van came and pointed out that this public layby was for his customers and we were taking up space would we move right away.
Yeh right, so we had breakfast and walked the dogs, then had another cup of coffee before relinquishing the spot that we were about to leave when he pulled up and complained.

so onward to Manchester where I replaced the broken glass from one mirror and entire mirror to replace the totally smashed one. Hopping back to the van on one leg and trying to carry the glass and manage a walking stick with one arm proved troublesome but not impossible.
We made another small detour on the way to stoke-on-trent. Where we spent our remaining cash in the pound shop:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: as I bought sues Birthday present.
we then head homewards, forgetting to top up with fuel and hoped to have enough to get us to Bristol where it is much cheaper than anywhere else on the way. We arrived at cribbs causeway on zero and as we pulled into the shopping centre a warning light came on. so we parked and got a gallon in a can before hunting out the fuel station and filling up properly.

Attachments

• Snake pass and Stoke 002.jpg
    Snake pass and Stoke 002.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Snake pass and Stoke 006.jpg
    Snake pass and Stoke 006.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Snake pass and Stoke 018.jpg
    Snake pass and Stoke 018.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Snake pass and Stoke 009.jpg
    Snake pass and Stoke 009.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 20

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Does that mean you have made it home now Roger?
I waited in all day on the 19th (with bbq ready)for you to call :Doh:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We arrived back home at about 9pm where our sitters were ready to open gates and let us in. The dogs went mad at being back and ran around the field like demented demons.
John and Jaz have been stars looking after the place, we could not have made the trip without them Many, many thanks and do come back again
Link Removed

so endeth our main trip of 2011 now just have to get everything ready for the rallies, see some of you there.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Does that mean you have made it home now Roger?
I waited in all day on the 19th (with bbq ready)for you to call :Doh:::bigsmile:
terry
Sorry Terry, when we last spoke you said you would probably be away so Sue said not to bother you, she knows you would have taken the chance to empty your garage,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
next time mate, you could have popped into the rally for the day you were only a few miles away.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: the garage is getting both emptier and fuller of different things-About 480 bog rolls at the moment :winky: :ROFLMAO: an old bosch washing machine (good motor)and Dyson vac plus I got a couple of ladders back making a total of 4 :Doh: Why I need then is anyone's guess ::bigsmile:along with about 14/18 lots of power tools that I no longer use.Will have to sell a few things on ebay eventually :winky:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back