LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Roger, Sorry about the mishap but you sound as though you and Sue are having a wonderful time.... don't forget to bring me back a big sexy Scotsman please ..... but no haggis. :Smile: Joy x

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oooops sorry Steve... ROGER...forget the Scotsman ...:RollEyes: XX

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we were doing 20mph driving well over to the left, so definately his Fault. Not managed to replace the mirrors yet they will have to wait.
we have arrived at John O'Groats, its cold and raining, Switched on to connect and first mail I received was to report the passing of my friend Ray, Lady Jann as he was known on here. I am gutted. He was a true gentleman and I shall miss him.
Link Removed
OUCH,Are you sure it was not bad driving on your part Roger ::bigsmile:From the sound of it you were lucky it did not take the side of the van as well.Hope it does not spoil the hols for you both :thumb:pS I bet you were like a wildman :Doh:
terry
Had I caught him I would have tied him across the motorcycle rack and brought him back for Joy.

Hi Roger, Sorry about the mishap but you sound as though you and Sue are having a wonderful time.... don't forget to bring me back a big sexy Scotsman please ..... but no haggis. :Smile: Joy x
Sorry Joy, couldn't catch one, had a macaroon bar, but no dumpling, haggis or whiskey yet.
so there is a 3 signal in Scotland after all. But only good weather in Devon.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We're getting nearer, we are at a sleepyspot on the Kyle of Tongue, bit windy but the views are fantastic,staying here for a couple of days

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry about your friend, Roger. Try and put the sadness to the back of your mind and concentrate on having a relaxing time for the rest of the holiday. Big hug to you and Sue and thinking of you.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We're getting nearer, we are at a sleepyspot on the Kyle of Tongue, bit windy but the views are fantastic,staying here for a couple of days
Sorry to have missed you again Ray, carried along the coast past Thorso, and are on a single track road heading South again. The weather changed again today and the sun came out, saw some Red deer but no photos. Maybe in the morning as sat on the open moor with a great veiw for miles.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
If you go via Wick theres a Tesco's petrol station and you'll get your club card points:thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
And must be the motorhome sat on opposit side of mountain from us LOL

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Link RemovedThe A397 is a single track road, spent last night there and got some good shots of red deer. This afternoon we moved on towards Golspie and visited Dunrobin Castle.
Link Removed
we are now parked on Golspie pier where we will remain until tomorrow eve in case Ray manages to Catch up.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Glad to hear you are enjoying your trip :thumb:

We have had terrible weather today.....very heavy rain, hailstones and thunder, lights occasionally keep flickering throughout the day !

The Deer look like they still have their winter coats still

Kath

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
we are now parked on Golspie pier where we will remain until tomorrow eve in case Ray manages to Catch up.

Had to leave Tongue it so windy, I was getting sea sick, worse than the Bay of Biscay, we headed down the A836 partly single track road and found a spot near Lairg, snucked in among the trees, so the chances I'll overtake you, going then on to Fort William where my bruv is starting his walk thru The Great Glen, so might catch ME up :Eeek:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Remember Ray, if you see a "Yeti" coming towards you it might not be "Big Foot" but Roger instead... don't shoot !!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ
Saw a couple of giant centipedes coming down the mountain side

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It seems I spoke too soon, a self styled little hitler hammered on the door demanding £5 for parking at the pier, I said I'd rather leave, so he came back hammered on the door and said what about £2 then. I asked for ID and sight of an official reciept and he disappeared on his push bike. We felt unfomfortable staying amongst such crooks so left. Now just 10 miles from Inverness and will pass it tomorrow.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Go down A9 turn right onto B851 about 4 or 5 miles Brin Nursery and Roger its FREE

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Roger & Ray, we have just left our wild camp spot on the A82 on the side of Lock Lochy, we are now on a lovely little commutity hall in Invergarry useing thier wifi, for the price of a cup of tea. We have had a great few days at Arisaig but it got windy so we have moved on, met some more funster's the BBB's who Brian met in Italy. If the weather picks up we may go to Skye, if not just follow the front of the Hymer. Hope you keep enjoying your trips. :Smile:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We spent the night in a layby on the A9, then tok this photoLink Removed after a 30 sec burst of rain.
We then set off for Rosemarkie to see the dolphins. Stopped at a commercial garage to try and replace the broken mirror. None the right size, but they did have a secondhand mirror with crazed glass I could buy for £10, yeh right.
nice little harbour on the way,
Link Removed
Provided a chance stretych my legs and empty the cassette. Never took on water though as the toilet block looked filthy. On to Rosemarkie, we arrivived after driving with trepidation through a golf course that bordered the road both sides and pretending not to notice the beware of flying golfball signs.
the carpark was full and only just room to reverse far enough to escape, the sea was rough, and it was raining, no sign of dolphins seals or owt much, never even got a photo. So on to Avimore for lunch.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We arrived at Aviemore, and Sue went in search of shops. The "free" 300 space car park was almost empty, just 2 other motorhomes and a coach. Whilst sue was away another motorhomer came over for a chat. The minute the door was opened Leyah shot off like a rocket after "mum" totally ignoring my calls for her to come back. but she lost the scent and whilst confused I managed to get her to come back. Sue got back and was about to make dinner. I lowered the bed and closed up for the night. then came the dreaded knock at the door, sorry no motorhomes alloed, we need the space for coaches. What 30 of them? so off we go and park in a laybye. Only to find the cornish motorhome abolision society were having a meet up the road. Horns were sounding into the wee small hours. Next morning I awoke early with a raging case of gout and could barely walk. We determined to move into civilised country and headed South stopping for lunch at Dunkeld the for eclesiastical centre of Scotland. The Catherdral has seen better days but it is in a nice setting on the banks of the river Tay.
Link Removed

Link Removed
After lunch we went to Edinburgh, and this time managed to park quite close to Princes Street. (tom tom refused to find Princes Street) but we found it anyway and spent a few hours wandering, buying and eating fudge, hee hee.
Link Removed
Link Removed
I said wandering, I meant hobbling it took me nearly 3 hours to walk the length of Princes street and back. Then off again to find an overnight parkup
which we have done about 30 miles from Coldstream. Could well be in Geordie land on Friday

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We spent the whole of Thursday in Coldstream, checking out its association with the Coldstream guards. But I was unable to walk far due to gout. Friday morning the pain eased sufficiently for me to walk to and around the museum, a small but very interesting exhibition. Then on the road again, passing out of Scotland into Northumberland, Passing on to Jedburgh
Link Removed
where we stopped to visit Kath and Howie. No 3 connection from the driveway so this may not get posted until saturday.We then moved on to Whitby on Saturday and had the obligitory fish and chips for lunch before walking around the town. those going to the Goth meet had better take full wallets at the costume shops are very inviting, Hee hee
Link Removed
(Sue walked up to the Abbey), but Count Dracula was not at home, will have to try again later
Link Removed
onwards to find an overnight spot taking in Robin Hood Bay on the way.
Link Removed
We will be in Scarbourgh tomorrow (Sunday)

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
The gaps getting bigger, we're back in the highlands, had a mini-meet with Carol and Clarify in a carpark at Invermoriston, went up to Inverness to see my brother, nephews and their mates finish GGW and was going to stay in Aviemore but the natives didnt seem that friendly, and there was no fish n chip shops were open, so carried on to a sleepyspot we know in Spean Glen and now back in Fort William doing a bit of fishing, still not getting fish for dinner,

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
On Sunday we arrived in Scarborough went to sea world but £1.50 an hour parking plus £12 each entry fee soon put me off so we went on to the main drag and was reminded once again what a stupid ass I am. Thats me in the middle.
Link Removed
After looking for someplace to park Sue spotted room amongst a dozen other cars. She read the parking notice, one hours stay only, I glanced at the sign to make sure it was ok and also read one hour. So off we went for a stroll along the seaside shops, when we got back after 15mins, there was a parking ticket on the windscreen. It appear the one hour parking is only after 9pm so being a daft blind old begger I missed it. I was so upset I damn near set course for home.
Place is full of pirates, will not be back to the North East.
Link Removed
So we set off down the road and overnighted in a layby outside of Driffield, travelling in on Monday to replenish the food store before moving down the road to Goole where we found the delightful, and free waterways museum.
Link Removed
Link Removed

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs, Roger. You seem to have been away for YONKS....:Sad: I was worried they had made you into a great big haggis!!!!:Eeek: Safe travelling.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back