Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Apologies to all of my friends in chat and on the forum, I am away for three weeks at least and may not be able to connect very often. Scotland is on haggis watch and the distilleries will be closing for the foreseeable future.
anyone with a supply of clootie dumpling is likely to be mugged, and the shops will be emptied of tablet and macaroon bars. Should I get snowed in I may be some time getting back. I hope to be able to dig myself out in time for Misterton so see some of you there.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Have a good trip Roger; the Scots have survived the ravages of an English invasion many times before I am sure they can cope with one "not so" Wildman from Devon.

Remember it's not the destination its the journey that's important.

Norman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Wildman

Have a good trip, we normally are in Scotland at this time for 6 weeks, but circumstances have kept us at home. You will be hitting Scotland at just the right time as far as we are concerned so just enjoy.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Rumour has it that Hadrian's Wall was NOT built to keep the Scots in.....BUT to keep the Wildmen Out.....

Lock up your Distilleries.....

Seriously Though...Have a real great time Roger and Sue...:thumb:

I second Frankie's request for pics as we're going there for our hols...

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Have a good trip you two and enjoy Scotland.

Blimey just realised you, Alan, Ken, Paul and me are away, chat is going to be quiet me thinks through most of May although i will be able to log on most nights if i hang my dongle right.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Safe journey Roger

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Misterton

I am at Misterton soaking up the sunshine,hope you have a great time and safe travels Roger and Sue.See you in 2 weeks,Andy and Shirley:Smile:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Have a great trip!!

You'll have a problem with the Tablet - I bought most of it a couple of weeks ago!!:ROFLMAO:

Remember the vandals at Kirkudbright!!:cry:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Have a good time Roger and if i dont see you in Scotland will see you at misterton

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Roger, have a good trip, will look out for you we will be up in Scotland until the Stratford Meet, leave some Haggis & Whisky for us. :Smile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hi Roger and Sue

We hope you have a wonderful time and that we get to see you before you reach Hadrian's Wall on the return journey. The weather up here is glorious so make sure you dont bring any rain with you!

Kath & Howie

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Ooooh have a some cranachan for me, I love it. Have a lovely time and hope to see you at Misterton. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Have a good trip you two and enjoy Scotland.

Blimey just realised you, Alan, Ken, Paul and me are away, chat is going to be quiet me thinks through most of May although i will be able to log on most nights if i hang my dongle right.

I did here that jim was going to re-decorate it while we were away.

Roger I hope you have taken a kilt with you it will make it far less obvious that you are a foreigner

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Enjoy your trip Roger .. if the weather stays kind you can't beat Scotland for a trip.. and even when it's not kind it is still a great place for motorhoming.... :thumb:

just wish it was us ..

safe travels

Jim

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Hey Roger - be carefull coming over Exmoor that is the most dangerous place at the moment - its full of Grockles all looking anywhere apart from the road :Eeek: - have a good trip and enjoy

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Roger,

Have fun and enjoy it !!!
Hope the weather is kind for the two of you.

We will be in Spain for the next two weeks starting May 5th and will only use free WiFi if available.

We will have to overtake the chat again when we return :ROFLMAO:

Paul and Ineke

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Hil and I are currently at Witches Craig, lovely site with room for the largest unit within sight of the Wallace Monument near Stirling. On the way up from the Peterborough show we stopped at the C&CC site in Mablethorpe, Durkar in Wakefield and the C&CC site at Lauder where I had cranachan - delish!

Wherever you are - enjoy.:thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi all, we set off on Monday but the motorway traffic was bad so we sat it out in Somerset. nThen mad a mad dash on Tuesday for Scotland where we met up with Gwerry Hughes, cheers for the parking spots Gerry. Got told whilst trying to get online at Dunfries my dongle would incur roaming charges of £6 per meg if I continued to use it. What is that all about is scotland not in the UK? Anyway thought I'd give it a go again today from Fort William, still not found any dumpling so not a happy bunny.Heading out of Loch Lomond a mad trucker rounded a bend doing 150mph and took both of my offside wing mirrors off by the time I could turn around and go back to look they had gone. Where are Carol and Eddie anyone know? Photos later.

Last edited:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Not sure where Carol & Eddie are - they were heading towards Skye when I spoke to them last at Chester :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
OUCH,Are you sure it was not bad driving on your part Roger ::bigsmile:From the sound of it you were lucky it did not take the side of the van as well.Hope it does not spoil the hols for you both :thumb:pS I bet you were like a wildman :Doh:
terry

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi Roger n Sue ...we hope apart from the mishap with the lorry that everything else is going to plan
and that you are having a great time which is well deserved :thumb::thumb::thumb:

John n Kath

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
where are you heading for, we're in Inverness tonight, Brin Nurseries, if you see a fun flag in the back of the van at some stage, toot and we stop and finaly meet LOL:thumb:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Hi Wildman

Have a good trip, we normally are in Scotland at this time for 6 weeks, but circumstances have kept us at home. You will be hitting Scotland at just the right time as far as we are concerned so just enjoy.

I hope you don't mean that it's the right time as far as you are concerned because you're not going to be there !!

Naw - of course you didn't !! Just joking .....

We had a great time in Scotland last year - I envy you - enjoy yourselves - when the weather's good it's better - well, as good as - than going abroad ...

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Roger
Sorry to hear about the mirrors but the main thing is your both ok, must have been an english lorry driver not used to small roads :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

It was nice to meet you sorry i couldn't spend more time with you but being a taxi driver to a teen and also the long days i work:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: hopefully catch you at misterton.

Gerry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back