Wildman goes wild in Wales

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Wildman, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

In all the trips we have made to wales over the years it occured to us we had never seen Cardiff or the Castle therein. So we set out on a mission, to be revealed tomorrow that would include taking in Cardiff Castle. Coming from the South of England the rate of non British expansion came as a bit of a shock, where have all the welsh gone. As to the castle well we managed to drive past, then drive around for an hour looking for a suitable parking space before giving it up as a bad job. So we took a trip up the Rhondda Valley to Treorchy then turned left and parked for the night overlooking the Rhondda. I parked in exactly the spot that I parked on my first visit to Wales in 1967. This time I have a camera with me, the view is the same and still surrounded by sheep. It is a wonderous place and am really glad to have found it again. No phone numbers so cant arrange any meets and think Mike and Caroline live not too far away. Never mind another day tomorrow. Have to be in Maestaig by mid morning. More to follow with photos.

• Like Like x 8
  2. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Enjoy Roger and Sue ! You will tell us all the details during the rally! Don't forget the pics!!!!

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Roger, Traveling around France ........somebody has left those laaaaaarge iron gates open!!:Eeek::Doh::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wildman

Thanks Carolyn for trying to get in touch unfortunately I did not have your phone number or would have called you. So where were we?
    [​IMG]
    can anyone tell me where this old man of the mountain is and where I was parked?
    Now all can be revealed to my everlasting shame I have become a tugger again. The thought of Frankie spending the rally in a tent was too much for me so we brought forward our idea to buy a caravan for use when family visit and maybe even rent it out on site, who knows.
    [​IMG]
    It is a fairly old 2 berth Lunar Clubman that should I hope provide Frankie with at least the basic facilities during her stay. Just have to work out how/if it all works now. Hee hee.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Griffs

Griffs Funster

wales

Hi Roger.

Your travells from Treochy to Maesteg will have taken you over the Bwlch mountain ,glad you had a safe stopover,as you would have noticed there are no coalmines in the Rhondda anymore.

Also you could have camped in the centre of Cardiff at Sophia gardens and walked to the castle in 5 mins.

• Like Like x 1
  6. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

:Eeek::Eeek::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush: I am far far too much spoilt ..... Thank you very much Sue and Roger.... indeed!!!!

Affectueusement
    Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  7. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Roger

You could have parked up near the Norwegian Church in Cardiff, in the Bay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ShiftZZ

8. Wildman

We drove around in circles looking for a parking space big enough, those that were and had space were residents only parking, couldn't even use the Blue badge and park on yellow lines a loading/unloading was forbidden or road too narrow. Never mind another time I'll get some of these places put into tom tom.