Wildlife from around Parc Verger (1 Viewer)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Just a couple of grab shots.
The snakes (Adders?) were having a threesome! Dirty buggers!

Lizard.jpg
Snakes.jpg

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Great captures Ken.

I assume there will be a "Bear Grylls" moment when we get there in May? :D

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs Ken .... loving the photos ... but you seemed VERY close to those snakes ..:(

Are they everywhere?

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Off topic
A couple of years back just up the road from PV at Saint Laurent sur Gore , Pete @Leftlegger saw a Hoopoe bird next to the old aire ,by the time he grabbed his camera it was gone ,been ribbing him ever since :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Crumbs Ken .... loving the photos ... but you seemed VERY close to those snakes ..:(

Are they everywhere?

You see them everywhere if you look, certainly I'm sure on most campsites and gardens... Found a 4 footer in our kitchen last spring, tapping on the glass door asking to be let out.. Not venomous like those blighters above..

Most commonly you see them squashed on the road.

Add in the hornets and the tics not a safe place to visit ;);)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You see them everywhere if you look, certainly I'm sure on most campsites and gardens... Found a 4 footer in our kitchen last spring, tapping on the glass door asking to be let out.. Not venomous like those blighters above..

Most commonly you see them squashed on the road.

Gone all wiggly inside .. if I had hairs on my arms they'd be standing on end... ;)

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Gone all wiggly inside .. if I had hairs on my arms they'd be standing on end... ;)

Only went wiggly when I turned my back to make sure the dog and cat weren't too close and when I turned back it had disappeared!! Searched the kitchen and couldn't find it so I thought it had gone upstairs, luckily I noticed the other door was open and went outside to see it was on the lawn... I post a photo if I can find one.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Western Whip Snake... http://www.planetepassion.eu/SNAKES-IN-FRANCE/Western-whip-snake-France.html

He's due back in a day or so after winter hibernation, if so I'll pick him up and bring him to show you next Wednesday as we're booked in for a 'Growler'(y)

All the "couleuvres" are grass snakes to us! I've got quite a few in my garden too. And yes I find them quite often mashed on the road leading to the stadium building!

I'll have to quickly cut the grass in the few places it has grown up too high as it will soon be unsafe for he toddlers (adders only)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
And here down South , you can add huge spiders and also ...scorpios! Although they don't kill you, they can make you very very ill!!!

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
And here down South , you can add huge spiders and also ...scorpios! Although they don't kill you, they can make you very very ill!!!

And with all these friendly campsite visitors all everybody gets their 'knickers in a twist' over is getting in the wrong lane in Rouen:LOL::LOL:, of course we mustn't forget the asiatiques..

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Western Whip Snake... http://www.planetepassion.eu/SNAKES-IN-FRANCE/Western-whip-snake-France.html

He's due back in a day or so after winter hibernation, if so I'll pick him up and bring him to show you next Wednesday as we're booked in for a 'Growler'(y)
I met a couple of whip snakes (couleuvre verte et jaune) hiding under a bush once. They were not happy with me being there, hissing loudly at me. Not venomous but I suspect they can bite. :)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I met a couple of whip snakes (couleuvre verte et jaune) hiding under a bush once. They were not happy with me being there, hissing loudly at me. Not venomous but I suspect they can bite. :)
As children we were brought up with those nice little animals and told to walk with a stick in hand, beating the ground in front of us to scare the snakes. Also no matter full summer heat, we knew we had to wear wellies. The boys used to chase and keep small snakes called "orvet" and were having much fun putting them on our necks .... letting them crowling along our back .....!:rolleyes::sneaky::censored:

@John Laidler These snakes mainly beat you with their tail

Last edited:

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
As children we were brought up with those nice little animals and told to walk with a stick in hand, beating the ground in front of us to scare the snakes. Also no matter full summer heat, we knew we had to wear wellies. The boys used to chase and keep small snakes called "orvet" and were having much fun putting them on our necks .... letting them crowling along our back .....!:rolleyes::sneaky::censored:

These snakes mainly beat you with their tail

I always where wellies in the longer grass, summer or winter... 'Orvet' is a 'slow worm' in English, a type of lizard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back