Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Once you get down here from Águilas on down to Almeria they are everywhere along the coast. Around Vera playa they have ready made parking with all the unfinished urbs just back from beaches.
When my mate comes over in his MH & satays he normally gets me to drive all around down there in the car so he can work out where the best places to go are ! :xgrin:

You can't get any lather from soap with sea water.(n):)
you can get sea soap that does the job

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
The point of my original post wasn't whether they are freeloading or not, but if they are pouring their crap into the rainwater drainage which from all the feedback they obviously are, the manhole referred to is for rainwater, not raw sewage, anyhow a call to the policia local will sort it
I would have mad sure your suspicions were right before posting this folks chose to holiday any way that pleas.
Do you know for sure there dumping there Gray and black waste
How do you know they have you seen them.
Or are you assuming in my experience in life most assumptions are based on bull site.
go over and accuse them man to man any bets on the hospital bill
:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:
I have free camped for years and never had a problem ether asking to use a camp site or garage after offering to pay.
The only problem I ever had was a stuck up motor home owner complaining that he was paying for full facility's and why should I be allowed to dump my shite where he dose
any time I have ever encountered problems it's always English doing the complaining back stabing it seem to be a fist for a scot but there agene Edinburg
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There has been 3 uk registered PVCs parked on the roadside near Villasol in Benidorm for a week now, I'm wondering where they are disposing of their grey waste water and more scarily what they are doing with their black waste? One of them is a 63 plate autocruise that even has a silver screen on at night!

Wild camping on a street in Benidorm ?????.......come on!!!!

We wild camp extensively and will be doing our maiden winter trip to Portugal/Spain in Feb for 6 weeks and won't be booking any sites in advance, if we find we want to use one we'll see what's free.

Wild camping on a 'street' isn't ideal however, if they are out all day enjoying themselves then why does their camper need to be on a campsite, they may literally only be spending the evening in it, also with our camper we find that we don't feel the 'need' to have to put out chairs etc as simply sliding open the side door and opening up the rear doors brings the outside in.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
We wild in Spain and Portugal also use the sites in between for showering / washing machine olso a bit of luxury when its raining.
the longest place we have stopped is 5 days,
So not all like to park up for months and then make there way back.
always been responsible with waste.

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
That was my point in the original post - being responsible with waste.

I too wild camp and use sites, but a week next to a road junction ?

Deleted User
:xgrin:
I love it when part time, holiday campsite motorhomers get all concerned about people who choose to live their lives differently and then worry about where they empty this or that.

Relax Plastics... worry about yourselves and don't get all concerned about stuff that is none of your business...

Some smug folk give other folk a bad name!

Happy New Year...

JJ :cool:

PS. If these folk are upsetting Mr UkBill they must be doing something right! :rofl:
I love it when part time, holiday campsite motorhomers get all concerned about people who choose to live their lives differently and then worry about where they empty this or that.

Relax Plastics... worry about yourselves and don't get all concerned about stuff that is none of your business...

Some smug folk give other folk a bad name!

Happy New Year...

PS. If these folk are upsetting Mr UkBill they must be doing something right! :rofl:

"Some smug folk give other folk a bad name!".................don't they just!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year :xgrin:

Deleted User
We don't ' wild camp' or book sites when touring, there are always alternatives but sometimes a little prior research is needed which I suppose detracts from the 'freedom' for some.
Parking on a street , even sleeping, is not camping in any sense of the word.
I have, out of necessity, slept in trucks in lay byes, streets ,industrial estates even truck stops and motorway service areas but I would not describe that as camping.
If these particular motorhomes are parking legally I do not see a problem but obviously if they are parked for an extended period then the local police may decide that they are doing more than parking.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We passed by the location of these vans on our way out last night. We counted 9 or 10 vans parked up. Some were English, some were Dutch, there may have been a couple of French as well. As we passed by a man stepped out from one of the vans onto the pavement. He looked left and then right and on seeing that no pedestrians were walking along the pavement proceeded to urinate into the bushes. Is this acceptable behaviour.??

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We wandered around PT and ES last winter for 18 weeks, stopped here there and anywhere we fancied.
Some wild places, some campsites. A day or two here, a few days there, nothing booked. Just wandered around. Lovely.
We did call at Benidorm one day, and was glad to be out of there! Not for us! Far too busy and brash. Fail to see the attraction of that place, i'm sorry. Can anyone give me a reason to be there for months on end please?

Craig

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We wandered around PT and ES last winter for 18 weeks, stopped here there and anywhere we fancied.
Some wild places, some campsites. A day or two here, a few days there, nothing booked. Just wandered around. Lovely.
We did call at Benidorm one day, and was glad to be out of there! Not for us! Far too busy and brash. Fail to see the attraction of that place, i'm sorry. Can anyone give me a reason to be there for months on end please?

Craig

We are not in Benidorm, we are on Camping La Torreta. A million miles from Benidorm but within walking distance if anything is needed :xgrin:.
I have overwintered in Benidorm for 15 years and have possibly only been into town 10 times in that 15 years. Benidorm is a micro climate and as such gets the best weather. There are thousands of restaurants within a 5 minute bus ride or car ride. For instance we went to VillaJoyosa yesterday and walked along the lovely promenade, then took lunch at a nice Spanish restaurant, followed by a hot chocolate and brandy watching the sun go down over Benidorm promenade.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Weed in the bushes!

What a dreadful, evil man!

Arrest him and lock him up.

Now if he was a dog doing it against a wheel or lamp post that's ok...

Billions of people wee in the bushes every day!

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
dont see any point sitting on a camp site for three months using their showers and karzis whenyou have paid your hard earned dosh for your home on wheels with it all there , might as well sell it buy a car and use the money to stop in hotel for extended stays then you wouldnt have to worry what other people are up to just stopping by the side of the road minding their own buieiness .
That's like saying whats the point of having a villa if you are only going to sit outside for 3 months my little villa on 4 wheels gets me to meet all my friends from around Europe for a few months & enjoy there company without the fear of being moved on having said that I have wild camped all over Europe you pays your money & takes your choice

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
We are not in Benidorm, we are on Camping La Torreta. A million miles from Benidorm but within walking distance if anything is needed :xgrin:.
I have overwintered in Benidorm for 15 years and have possibly only been into town 10 times in that 15 years. Benidorm is a micro climate and as such gets the best weather. There are thousands of restaurants within a 5 minute bus ride or car ride. For instance we went to VillaJoyosa yesterday and walked along the lovely promenade, then took lunch at a nice Spanish restaurant, followed by a hot chocolate and brandy watching the sun go down over Benidorm promenade.
And thev'e got Sticky Vicki

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Weed in the bushes!

and I don't think the bushes would mind the Gray water but we have a pee bucket that fits in the toilet.
and then wee dump it in the bushes I will go get my bulett proff jaket and Hemet now
bill

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
We are all Funsters! live and let live. We already live in a society Eric Honiker (last East Germany president) and his stasi would have been proud of. We wild camp when on the road but always use an Air or site for long stops and always take care in dumping waste (keep a spare cassette handy) and I'm sure they will do the same.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Weed in the bushes!

All very well using a bush when out in the country but in a town / built up area .
apart from the smell its unhygienic , why could they not use the cassette loo in your motorhome ?
Oh ! I forgot there freecamping in a public street so there's know where to empty it unless they go on a campsite
which might involve parting with some money " God Forbid "

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Oh ! I forgot there freecamping in a public street so there's know where to empty it unless they go on a campsite

This post displays a considerable amount of ignorance when it comes to off-site motorhoming.

Once again it links off-site motorhoming to an unwillingness to spend money. (Obviously never met me on a night out!)

Then of course, it suggests that if you are not on an official campsite there is nowhere to empty a cassette properly.

I know I shouldn't but I can't help judging a post by the wisdom and knowledge displayed in it.

Live and let live...

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Most of us free lording tossers use local facility's more than most I always dump my Gray waste ether in a elsanpoint or offer to pay at any facility
I also use public facility whar practical have many a time left them cleaner than I have fund them.
most free loading tossers are actually very considerate especially the brit's
We spend more in shops restaurant pubs within local community's than most and just don't support greddy camp site owners who rip off the motor homer who has all thar facility's on board and charge a arm and leg to park up for the nigh or how ever long it is
bill

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Greedy? Charge an arm and a leg? What planet do you live on!lol out of season camping in Spain dirt cheap......

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)

Craig
Craig,
I love Beni, although have only been there on all inclusive holidays. I have been several times and last year missed it when we went to Palma Nova. I cant wait to go down there for a fraction of the £4k+ for a family all inclusive holiday once we have a decent MH.
Interested to know what you mean by "brash"?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
He looked left and then right and on seeing that no pedestrians were walking along the pavement proceeded to urinate into the bushes. Is this acceptable behaviour.??

It's Benidorm... I have seen them come out the pubs and do that.. !!!!
Also back in August when we were there with the kids, early evening outside the supermarket, someone standing up against the tree at the road edge, didn't even attempt to go find somewhere and there are enough hotels you can just walk in..

Ref the Parking, Seen vans worth £80-100k parked there for weeks at a time and it's been happening for many years.
Each to their own.....

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
All very well using a bush when out in the country but in a town / built up area .
apart from the smell its unhygienic , why could they not use the cassette loo in your motorhome ?
I must agree, in the countryside then fine, but I dont want to walk along a city/town street only to walk into the smell of Pi$$!

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Craig,
I love Beni, although have only been there on all inclusive holidays. I have been several times and last year missed it when we went to Palma Nova. I cant wait to go down there for a fraction of the £4k+ for a family all inclusive holiday once we have a decent MH.
Interested to know what you mean by "brash"?
Brash, as 'in your face', 'overbearing', and I don't mean that in an offensive way. I enjoy peace and quiet, i am happy with my own company, or just the two of us. I don't need entertainment, or crowds. I don't like busy, busy places.

Craig

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back