Wildies Birthday Bash- FREE rally (1 Viewer)

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Soon as possible

Wildies retirement (official) party 19 - 22nd April

Cathryn has had an appointment changed from early Wed to late Thurs :Doh::Doh: so I will drive down alone :Sad:and pick her up from Bristol on Friday after lunch. Will get to you as soon as we can:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
As a number of people may possibly be late I think it prudent to move the party to Saturday so those who are working or have appointments can still be there. I just hope I'm a day late for my own funeral as well:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: arrivals still welcome from Thursday though.

Last edited:

meggie

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
hi,would love come after all it free,but ceri has been ill for the last
12 mouth she was in hospital 13 week over xmas came out in february,she has been diagnos with dementia so need 24 hour care,
hope we can get to a show this year and meet up.
have a happy birthday:thanks:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Roger, hope you have a good Birthday on Friday, the weather is kind to you and the wine flows freely.

When you are officially retired what a beautiful part of the world you have to spend your retirement in enjoy.:wine::party2:
Sorry Eddie and I can't be with you this time but look forward to meeting up again some where in the future. Carol. x

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi Roger n Sue, we hope your Birthday Bash goes well Roger and that you have a fab time
the weather will be sunny and bright for you !

:Cool: :Cool: :Cool: :Cool: :Cool:

Sorry we cant be there but look forward to seeing your Birthday Bash photo's

John n Kath x
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:​

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Roger

What are the ground conditions like?
I'm just accross the channel from you in Cardiff and conditions may best be described as soft in places.

Cheers

see you Saturday I hope

|Peter

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
There was quite a lot of rain last night but ground is quite firm at this end. The moles have been busy so I guess they haven't been flooded out.
We have been here since Sunday but will have to leave Saturday morning.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Ground is solid, but also have hardstanding if you are unsure and landrover on site but never needed it.:thumb: See you Saturday.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
why, oh why did mother nature have to decide for this week to try and help with the drought? the rain is welcome for sure, but it's caused a bit of flooding down this way, but hopefully it'll be ok for travelling up to you..
have had to revise my plans a little because of a dead battery on my little van, was ok a week or two ago, but a new battery seems to solved the problem now, and hospital crap delayed me further, but fingers crossed i shall be there sometime hopefully by saturday morning at the latest..
have i got a mobile number for you or is it in with the directions, shall have to go look see..

anyway, happy birthday for friday, and will give you a birthday hug on saturday, lucky man you are having effectively 'two' birthdays..:Smile:

As a number of people may possibly be late I think it prudent to move the party to Saturday so those who are working or have appointments can still be there. I just hope I'm a day late for my own funeral as well:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: arrivals still welcome from Thursday though.

edit and p.s. i'm intending to be many years late for my funeral..::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Tis 4pm on Thursday, It is overcast but dry. The ground is solid, but plenty of hardstanding anyway. #I spent most of yesterday decanting wine and cider. Sue spent all morning baking then we have both spent the last 4 hours putting the marquee up, and looks like it may have been a waste of time. The site is empty. Not a soul here if things don't improve by Saturday at least the marquee is tall enough to hang myself from:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
:ROFLMAO: Hi it was nice to meet you I am sorry we could not stay I was in to much of a rush I have to take work when I can but I will drop in on you when I can thank you of the offer of the engine oil we will give it a try when we meet again enjoy your birthday by the way I could have left you a extra strong towrope if you were thinking of doing the deed :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Chesterfield hooligan deserves a medal, although he had to work and could not come to the meet he still delivery my new lathe, but was so repulsed by the Cider (engine oil, hee hee) he refused a bottle along with the fuel money. Having unloaded he turned around, not even a coffee and headed for Aberdeen. It really makes me sad that he could not join us. Anyway, there is a free campsite here for you when you do manage to get back down.:thumb::thumb:
I will have a party tonight for the six of us, and another one if anyone turns up tomorrow.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
he certainly does deserve a medal, was that your birthday pressie?

enjoy the party tonight everyone, hope there will be another one tomorrow, i'm planning to be there!

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Diesel.

Time.

Facilities - many here can't contemplate life without EHU, toilets, showers, washing machine, restaurant, bar, entertainment. There are those here who have never defecated in their MH.

I've only ever done it in the toilet Brian....It means less cleaning...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
he certainly does deserve a medal, was that your birthday pressie?

enjoy the party tonight everyone, hope there will be another one tomorrow, i'm planning to be there!
another party sat night, lots of wine and food left for you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: room for any late comers, just turn up directions on the thread.

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
so sorry roger, theres no way I can get away from mum's for this weekend. hope you all have a great time and a very happy birthday to you. when I do get down to devon I will look in to see if you are not touring . all the best martin :thumb::thumb::Smile::wine::wine::party2::party2::censored:2

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
regrets

Sorry we cant come down and meet you. Have a friend visiting who was lost in Basingstoke and debating whether she was going to continue or turn around. She thinks she is now on the right road here, otherwise we would have jumped in van and come down to you.

Have a lovely time
Lynn and Kevin

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Well back home now and would like to thank those who braved the bad forcast and turned up

Jaydee - John and Pat who have been here all week and hosted the party in their van on Saturday night, many thanks, being warm made all the differance.
Really retired - Grenville and shirley also been here all week, sorry you had to dash off on saturday but a leaking van is not fun.
Lesleyjean Lesley and Alan who popped in for the friday eve party.
Malcolm Bolt- Malcolm and Cathryn also arrived Friday
Dryad - the delightful Toni who made it saturday afternoon after driving along from Kent.

not forgetting the amazingly generous chesterfield hooligan who came down but could not stay.

The weather stayed dry on the whole and everyone enjoyed themselves.
Those that did not make it disappointed me because I had to carry gallons of 4 types of wine and cider home again.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Only real black spot was losing my phone on the Thursday:cry::cry:, I thought it may have turned up at home but no its gone and all of my CL adertising is on that number as well as lots of other contact numbers so I am really fed up about that. The marquee only got used the one night and is still up due to it being damp. I hope it dries out before we go away. I also managed to come home without my reading glasses so blind as a bat when it comes to typing. will I have another, well ask me in another 65 years:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The weather was kind but cold for the time of year, still the views are nice
b8314a3c.jpg

funsters always seem to bunch up
7ccb32dd.jpg

even when there is lots of space
e64481b9.jpg

sorry no pics of funsters I was too busy to take photos in the evenings and at the time of day I took all these photos everyone was asleep :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Wildies Birthday Bash-FREE rally

Sorry we didn't make it Roger, too long a journey for us a belated Happy Birthday nonetheless, hope you had a smashing do !
ps How's the head ? :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Well we were there for the actual birthday. Picture attached as proof.

Our leak has now been fixed by Steve at Queenborough and we are now home for a bit before heading of to Camarthen show.

Second pic shows why you should not use different coloured inks on a notice as weathering has changed the meaning.

Attachments

• Img_0271.jpg
    Img_0271.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 58

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
was really good to meet the people that were there and thank you all for your kindness to an old hippie. :thumb:
shame that there weren't more there but looking forward to the next one in, what was it you said wildman, 65 years time? :ROFLMAO:
can't guarantee that i'll be at that one though..:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
bad news

Despite tying the marquee down it appears we had a gale last night and all of the windows are shreaded I shall have to replace them with fabric. on top of that my phone is still missing so site is effectively closed, no time to organise new signs etc before we take our last trip abroad. Yes I did say last trip as trying to do things to a timetable when animals and the weather is uncontrollable is just driving me up the wall. When asked what I was retiring from i should have said life.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
was really good to meet the people that were there and thank you all for your kindness to an old hippie. :thumb:
shame that there weren't more there but looking forward to the next one in, what was it you said wildman, 65 years time? :ROFLMAO:
can't guarantee that i'll be at that one though..:ROFLMAO:
The pleasure was all ours Toni, as for the the next one, I shouldn't hold your breath:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
Despite tying the marquee down it appears we had a gale last night and all of the windows are shreaded I shall have to replace them with fabric. on top of that my phone is still missing so site is effectively closed, no time to organise new signs etc before we take our last trip abroad. Yes I did say last trip as trying to do things to a timetable when animals and the weather is uncontrollable is just driving me up the wall. When asked what I was retiring from i should have said life.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thats certainly a bugger about the marquee and the phone..
i'd borrow another one and try ringing it, you never know it may just turn up, or perhaps you've already tried that..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back