Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
September 2013 and we have just returned from a 2500 mile tour of Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany, Switzerland and France. 3 Zoos, one Crocodile park and 2 natural history museums.
Entering Switzerland we were unsure if we needed a Vignette as our sole means of navigation was tomtom. This was a result of having left our largescale maps at home, Sue unloaded them and I stupidly expected them to be where they lived in the motorhome. Never mind we managed. The Vignette is required if you wish to use any motorways in Switzerland, you get it at the border and in our case cost 30€ the border guards did suggest we might not need it but I didn't want to take a risk. As it turns out we could have done without it, there were plenty of alternative routes and the terrain was not as mountainous as we thought it might be.

When we pulled up to take the above photo and old lady stopped in her car and welcomed us to Switzerland, her daughter lives in Australia and when they visit they tour in a motorhome, seeing us brought back fond memories.
The scenery is spectacular and the sound of cowbells is everywhere in the mountains.

There was a roaring trade in pumpkins and gourds

must try growing some and making some pumpkin soup.
moving on to the zoos, we found the animals were in superb condition
. I have many more photos to add later

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back