'wildcamping'' with a 5th weel (1 Viewer)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
had mine 12 yrs now .hardly ever use campsites . cant really say its a problem. just like having a long camper you have to use your sense,s . like everything not perfect in every way but think they make more sense than a big camper and a tow car.
just make sure you get the right set up. personally i say stay off nissans . i say get a mini artic version makes much more sense. you get a better overlap and look more discreet for wilding.
still have a nice unit for shopping etc . mine is a seven seater . yet is a very compact tow unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kasey

Free Member
Nov 10, 2011
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
since 2009
vwalan

haven't been on the continent with ours yet, but how do you get on using aires, or don't you.

Sorry to slightly highjack the thread, but thought it was relevant.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i have never been asked to move .other than to squeezeup to allow a late comer to get on. lately i havent used airres . havent fouind the need . but do tip or fill up if required. you hear alot of what ifs .but i can say i have put up tents on the grass bits next to or on airres if on the m,bike in the summer . very often a french motor homer will say put it close and they watch it if i go out in the evening .
but there are o many places to park . a very busy airre isnt where i want to be any way.i also very rarely use paying airres .so nobdy is patrolling .
very often you can just park up off the road somewhere . or sometimes i use industrial estates if just for a night. but a carpark abroad is ok.
could also be that i,m used to truck driving so just have that feel about places .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back