Wildcamping in Liverpool ????

Discussion in 'England' started by buddies, Aug 19, 2009.

1. buddies

buddies Read Only Funster

We,re going down to Liverpool for the Matthew St, Festival August bank holiday, anyone know of any good safe spots near City Centre. ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE....:thumb:

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Police Station Car Park? :BigGrin:

3. nicklb

nicklb Read Only Funster

Was thinking exactly the same, there is a big one at Maghull

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  4. vicdicdoc

vicdicdoc Read Only Funster

Don't even think about 'wildcamping' in Liverpool . . . the police & parking wardens will be jumping all over you . . as far as I know there is nowhere in or near the centre that is safe to park & that allows you to stay/sleep in the van.

5. wildcamper

wildcamper Read Only Funster

Are you looking to leave your motorhome and walk back to it and wildcamp after the festival or are you looking for somewhere to drive to after the festival???

6. buddies

Ken & Dawn

Wer,re going down Friday,Saturday leaving Sunday evening. looking for a place within walking distance of city or within maybe a train stop or two, Cheers

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: all you need is love ?? more like a pump action shotgun .. be safer in Baghdad :Laughing:

8. wildcamper

You could have parked on our front (if you don't mind weeds:Laughing:) as we'll be away at the Great Dorset Steam Fair over the bank holiday but we're a 20 minute bus ride to the city centre.
    We never drive into Liverpool as its difficult to park at the best of times.
    You could park on the Dock Road, the wagons do over night but I wouldn't advise it.
    You could park in Moreton on the Wirral and get a train back but I don't know how safe it would be leaving your van park alone.

P.S. How big is your van???

9. buddies

Ken & Dawn

Thanks for the info, its a Mclouis 410 coachbuilt about 5.5 metres.

10. wildcamper

If you don't find anywhere else, your welcome to use our front :thumb:
    There's a 36ft by 20ft space going free that weekend :Laughing:

11. buddies

Ken & Dawn

Thanks for the offer well keep it in mind. Cheers:thumb:

12. staging lady

staging lady Funster

Whe we had a caravan 20 years ago we came through Liverpool, down Rice Lane, Scotland Road. Stopped at traffic lights, wefound two 8 year old lads trying to breakin the door. I lived in Liverpool and the Wirral for many years and loved it.
    But I wouldn't dream of leaving my motor home there.

It would be safer to stay in the Caravan Club site at Thurstaston. It's a beautiful spot overlooking the river Dee
    Station Rd Thurstaston, Wirral, CH61 0151 648 5228. There is no direct transport link i think which may be a problem. There is another site at Southport which has a train line to Liverpool.
    Would it be worth trying to find a pub near a train line and asking to stay there. Just a thought...
    Lucille

13. mikamada

mikamada Read Only Funster

I've lived in and around Liverpool all my life, and can't think of anywhere to park a van,let alone wildcamp!!!!As mentioned, Southport has more options,and has a direct train into the city centre.

The parking wardens are a little over zealous, so if in doubt-don't park there!!!

Whatever happens,have a FAB weekend.

kim

14. Dereckerick

Dereckerick

15. Bulletguy

Bulletguy Read Only Funster

I'd rather Liverpool than Baghdad any day!!

Went on an all night pub/bar/club crawl in Liverpool recently with a guy from my workplace who took early retirement, so all the group were in their mid 50's plus. Have to admit i was reluctant to go as i felt those times had long passed by for me! However, it turned out to be a really cracking night and everyone in all the pubs 'n clubs were so friendly.....even the dolly bird teenager lot! Great fun!!

Yes there was a heavy Police presence in the area of Matthew Street, but they were only there to quickly jump on any trouble makers before anything got out of hand. So it's a very safe place to be.......even if you are a bit p***ed!

16. madbluemad

madbluemad

Hi
    Your far better finding a camp site around Southport or on the Wirral. Neither are far and the public transport is good.

Dont try wilding in Liverpool under any circumstances

Cheers

Jim
    :Smile:

17. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

I have a torrent mounted GPMG which can be mounted on top of the van just in case I visit liverpool :BigGrin:
    Failing that, I could lay my hands on the forcefield used in star wars and the heatray used in war of the worlds, It might help you wildcamp there but with the forcefield, heatray and the GPMG, there is still no way I would visit let alone wildcamp :Wink:

I once went to Liverpool, and while walking in the city a shopkeeper came running out of his shop shouting "STOP THEIF!!!"
    And everyone on the street ran away! :Rofl1:

Boo

18. Patrick

Patrick Read Only Funster

Yer, Yer, Yer! ( big yawn) Liverpool might not be the hamlet you seem to live in, it is classed as one of the safest cities to go out at night in!

So nothing bad has ever happened in a city where you live then?

19. mikamada

mikamada Read Only Funster

I feel the defensive scouser rearing up inside!!!

The great thing about motorhomes is they give you the freedom to visit the places you want to go_Or not go if you choose!!!

I've been a 'reluctant' visitor to many places,taking with me preconceived ideas and judgements. These experiences have helped to open my mind and I'm learning to see places,and people,in a far more positive way. I've had fantastic times in places I would not have considered visiting just a few short years ago. These experiences have not only opened up the world to me,they have opened up a part of me I didn't know existed.

Ooh-I came over all philosiphical then:RollEyes:

kim

20. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

I really get fed up with this promoting of Liverpool,or anywhere oop North,as being uncivilised and in the back of beyond. We stopped wearing woad and eating our young years ago and the M6 is not cobbled north of Brum.
    Any city has its problems,look at the stabbibngs and shootings in London and Manchester. In a few weeks I am going down to Bristol,couldn't get into Baltic Wharf because of the greedy people who booked in advance in February,the same time as me only difference being I will show up! Any way Ive just read of problems with teenagers in the area I am now going to which is near Bradley Stoke or is it Sadly Broke?
    Only the preventative policing in Liverpool has made it a very safe place to be anytime and yes the jokes are funny,the first time.
    There are plenty of sites within an easy commute of town why not try them?