blazezak

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Banff Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi All , Does anyone know a good wild spot for a 26ft van within a 20 mile area of Liverpool , going to Widnes & Wigan to visit family the end of the moth , usually just park up in the street but , not very safe ( even with a big gsd ) many thanks in advance .
:Eeek:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Nowhere really but you could try the Ikea carpark or the Gemini car parks Jcn 9 M62.
No knowledge of being used before successfully.

garfield

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
North west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
40yrs
RSPB car park on the coast road in Southport. I have not stopped there because I live in Southport but I often see motorhomes staying there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
the whole of liverpool is a wild spot:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As said the gemini retail park has car parks and many lorries night it on the retail park itself.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Leave M62 jcn 7 follow signs to widnes, as you go through 3 traffic lights within 50 yds, turn left at 3rd set, pub called bowers park, on right hand side is a closed down Focus d.i.y. it is used by lorry drivers and is safe to park, you have the pub for food and toilets:thumb:

good luck

N

Niner Zulu

Deleted User
No Wild sites that I know of, but in the past I have booked in at the Southport CC Site, and taken the train into the 'Pool.

I don't know if you could find somewhere around the army camp at Altcar. Stay away from the red flags though, that's where they do the shooting. :Eeek:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
You may be able to stay by the coast guard station at Crosby it overlooks the Anthony Gormley statues,follow the brown signs to 'another place', and there is a large car park for visitors to the area.
At Southport there is a CC hideaway site at Waterside lodge. Southport train station is a short walk away.

Waterside Lodge Southport: District Scout HQ, Sailing, Boats and More!

Waterside Lodge
Marine Dr, Southport, PR8 1RY
01704 510900

OP
OP
blazezak

blazezak

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Banff Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Re wild spot Liverpool

Thanks to you all , know the places you mean , will have a go when I get down there , again , many thanks . :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi you could try the waterside pub at carmill dam on the east lancs rd also over the rd is carmill transportcafe (closed down) lorry's park there next to car auctions on chain lane . just the job for wig an an widnes or m57 motorway services near rainhill
dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back