Wild camping

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Glyn and Debbie, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Glyn and Debbie

Glyn and Debbie Funster

Good morning, does anyone know where we can wild camp near Malvern on wednesday night?

2. JJ

JJ Funster

Yes I do...

There is a car park in Upton on Seven which allows overnight parking for a small fee. It has loos and there are usually campers there the night before a show at Malvern.

If you go across the bridge (towards the town) and turn right (along the river) the car park is on the left.

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

If that's the one by the petrol station, then overnight parking is no longer allowed. Whether that rule is ignored or enforced is another matter.

Actually, if I remember the information on the payment machine correctly when I last stopped there back in 2011, parking between 1 and 2 am is not allowed, which seems like an odd way of implementing the ban.

4. JJ

JJ Funster

You could be right Neil but maybe I am thinking of a different car park... Mine is by the re-cycling centre... It used to have campers and some lorries.

I might well have arrived after 2am anyway!

JJ

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  5. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

That's the car park....Hanley Road...with the recycling center at the back. I was heading up to the Midlands today so I stopped there to make sure I wasn't talking rubbish....again!

HGV and coaches can stay overnight.

"Cars"....they don't mention any other type of vehicle....cannot park between 4 - 5am.

Having said that...there was an old campervan with its curtains drawn when I arrived late morning....could have been there all night.

Attached Files:

6. JJ

JJ Funster

Well Neil...

If instead of your toy camper you had a rufty-tufty motorhome like mine.... (4.5 ton) you could claim HGV rights!

Seriously for a moment though... Each to his own of course but I have stopped there for a kip several times pre Malvern along with other vans and never any problems...

JJ

JJ

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

In case anyone comes across this thread in the future, I thought it was worth linking to Andy's (UKMotorhomes) post about future changes at Hanley Road car park:

Link