Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
There is a Wild Camping forum but we are not allowed to post links on here but I'm sure you can find it via some search or other. :winky:

But do read Jim's Wild Camping guide for starters

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
It is my belief that you can get pretty much all the info you want on "wildcamping" from this forum...

...but to be able to help will need to know more details of where rather than the generaL "in the UK..."

JJ :Cool:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
In the UK, Scotland is your best bet for free camping, and France is your oyster.:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
It is my belief that you can get pretty much all the info you want on "wildcamping" from this forum...

...but to be able to help will need to know more details of where rather than the generaL "in the UK..."

JJ :Cool:

Yes I agree JJ, but, with nearly 4000 Wild spots it could useful to newbies, could it not? :winky:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I was on wild camping for motorhomes and was instantly banned for mentioning this site !! Need I say any more !!....This is the best !:thumb::thumb::thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
I was on wild camping for motorhomes and was instantly banned for mentioning this site !! Need I say any more !!....This is the best !:thumb::thumb::thumb:

You break the rules you pay the price. :Doh:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
:thumb:thanks to all the basic guide was good Jim we had a fantastic easter away with the camper van and thank to all ho posted on this forum sorry i haven't got back to you but been busy and i had forgot my password:Doh:

driving

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
doncaster southyorkshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
:thumb:hi bill
we are new to this but we have found the perfect spot at the side of the river ideal for fishing, boating, golf and walking and best of all a pub at the end of the camp site. its Haxey Quays at misterton Doncaster its £7.50 a night. flat well kept ground ideal for a peaceful retreat we are there most weekends perhaps see you there we are in the swift kontiki 669. we have asked for new spots to but nobody replies.:Smile:
Mark, Tracy and family

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
the most probable reason not many reply to requests for 'wild spots' is that once the info has been passed on a few months down the line that 'spot' has been abused by some that are maybe not as careful as others - so all are stopped from using it. So its very much the sort of thing a lot of folk keep to themselves and not because they dont want to help but because they dont want to loose the 'spot'.
You only have to read of the reports of local folks feelings about motorhomes on the coastal roads and parking at seaside towns.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back