Wild Camping Suffolk Coast suggestions please! (1 Viewer)

LuncheonFace

Free Member
Oct 14, 2010
Funster No
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this but am lucky enough to being going by motorhome from London to near Southwold next weekend.

We are looking for a place to stop overnight on the friday, ideally on the suffolk coast that is not a camping or caravan park. Just somewhere nice and private to rest and take in the wonder of nature...

Am I asking too much???! :Doh:

Any suggestions for beautiful places not on the coast or in other areas along the way also welcome.

Thanks! x

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
As for Southwold I am not sure, but this time of year in almost all of the UK, if you just head to the seaside places that are popular in the summer you will almost be guaranteed to find somewhere to park up for a night or two. We would always like to have a placed picked out by 3pm latest. Its always harder to find somewhere late when you are tired and desperately looking.

Mind you, we have parked up in a few places when we arrived, tired in the dark; then at dawn I have a look around and know that I wouldn't have parked there if I'd seen the spot in daylight. We may well have a Funster with local knowledge but if not I would go anyway, I'm sure will find plenty places to plot up. Have Fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Southwold has been a bit of a hot spot for controversy over the past couple of years

The folk who live there have been up in arms about 'freeloaders on the sea front'

It has now come to light the leading protagonist owns a camp site just down the road :Eeek:

Yes, there are lots of places to park up but be aware there could be issues....

Woman and I are going to St Osyths for the weekend and have a similar dilemma

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back