Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
THE RFR .Right to first refusal.

" Where a landlord is proposing to sell his interest in a building containing flats in relation to which the RFR exists, he must, by law, first offer it to the tenants before offering it on the open market. He must serve formal notices on the tenants telling them what he is intending and must provide time for them to consider the offer; he cannot sell to another party during that time, nor offer the interest to anyone else at a price less than that proposed to the tenants or on different terms. Breach of these legal obligations by the landlord is a criminal offence. If the landlord sells without providing the Right of First Refusal, the tenants can serve a notice on the new owner demanding details of the transaction, including the price paid; they can then take action to force the new owner to sell to them at the price he paid."

http://www.lease-advice.org/publications/documents/document.asp?item=16#10

Only applies to purpose built blocks & the regs for statics are here & 15% is the max that a site owner can charge. Even that is far too much.
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/selling-your-static-caravan
That only applies to certain buildings (not necessarily purpose built blocks and not the land on which they stand) which contain flats and is totally irrelevant to the current discussion which concerns land not buildings.

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
THE RFR .Right to first refusal.
fxxxxxg waaaaas get away with murder
" Where a landlord is proposing to sell his interest in a building containing flats in relation to which the RFR exists, he must, by law, first offer it to the tenants before offering it on the open market. He must serve formal notices on the tenants telling them what he is intending and must provide time for them to consider the offer; he cannot sell to another party during that time, nor offer the interest to anyone else at a price less than that proposed to the tenants or on different terms. Breach of these legal obligations by the landlord is a criminal offence. If the landlord sells without providing the Right of First Refusal, the tenants can serve a notice on the new owner demanding details of the transaction, including the price paid; they can then take action to force the new owner to sell to them at the price he paid."

http://www.lease-advice.org/publications/documents/document.asp?item=16#10

Only applies to purpose built blocks & the regs for statics are here & 15% is the max that a site owner can charge. Even that is far too much.
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/selling-your-static-caravan

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
You've been lucky then Bill. Officially there is no sleeping or overnight camping at Scalby Mills car park.
Must have ben lucky along with hundreds of other folks who have stayed there I have even talked to the traffic enforcement officers.
There is no signed stating no overnight parking or sleeping in vehicles on the car park.
I buy a ticket on arrival pay the full amount and have had no problems ever when the weeman was on school holiday we stayed there for a week so he could pend some time with his siblings.
struck up a conversation with the traffic guy's a copal of times as long as there a valid ticket theirs not a problem.
The only problem I can see is the free loaders who make a big thing about losing a few prime spots they have f#''?d up by there own doing.
I see it every time I go there twat' that go in at night and leave first thin in the morning so the don't have to pay a few pounds.
Leving there shit behind them filing up the litter bines'
and rubbish strewn every where.
The only ones to blame are the free loading tossers who wont pay a penny for anything we see them parked up in residential streets till after 6pm.
Then there straight in the car park parking till the crack of dawn leving there crap behind them filing the litter bins then they will dump there Gray water down the street and there shite over the sea wall I have seen it.
I have seen it and cleaned up after them twat's all the time
bill
EDIT we buy in the local shops and eat drink in the pubs so we bring something to the local economy
bill

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
were going to try a wild camping weekend at scarborough this weekend does anyone know can you still stay on the sea front or do you use the sea life centre?

Hi Duffie, Did you finally decide to wild it on Scarborough Marine drive?:xThumb::xsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Must have ben lucky along with hundreds of other folks who have stayed there I have even talked to the traffic enforcement officers.
There is no signed stating no overnight parking or sleeping in vehicles on the car park.
I buy a ticket on arrival pay the full amount and have had no problems ever when the weeman was on school holiday we stayed there for a week so he could pend some time with his siblings.
struck up a conversation with the traffic guy's a copal of times as long as there a valid ticket theirs not a problem.
The only problem I can see is the free loaders who make a big thing about losing a few prime spots they have f#''?d up by there own doing.
I see it every time I go there twat' that go in at night and leave first thin in the morning so the don't have to pay a few pounds.
Leving there shit behind them filing up the litter bines'
and rubbish strewn every where.
The only ones to blame are the free loading tossers who wont pay a penny for anything we see them parked up in residential streets till after 6pm.
Then there straight in the car park parking till the crack of dawn leving there crap behind them filing the litter bins then they will dump there Gray water down the street and there shite over the sea wall I have seen it.
I have seen it and cleaned up after them twat's all the time
bill
EDIT we buy in the local shops and eat drink in the pubs so we bring something to the local economy
bill
I agree with you totally about FLTs, just quoting the official position (caused by the FLTs).
As regards the sign, there doesn't have to be one as it's the parking order that matters.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes Bill, very lucky.

Scarborough parking restrictions include scalby mills car park.

Section 10, para 2 states

Restrictions on Use of Parking Places

10 (1) No person shall use a vehicle, while it is in a Parking Place, in
connection with the sale of any article to persons in or near
the Parking Place or in connection with the selling or offering
for hire of his or her skill or services, except with the written
consent of the Council.

(2) No person shall use any part of a parking place or any vehicle
parked in a parking place-
(a) for sleeping or camping or cooking

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
so has anyone been physically moved on or knocked up and bothered or fined for overnighting on marine drive or is it just scaremongering?
Quite a few years ago we parked on marine drive, backed into the thorny hedges as we had sons mountain bike locked & chained on back. It was raining buckets, so we weren't away long - came back bike gone!
Never been to scabro since.

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Quite a few years ago we parked on marine drive, backed into the thorny hedges as we had sons mountain bike locked & chained on back. It was raining buckets, so we weren't away long - came back bike gone!
Never been to scabro since.
Didnt press like because you had bike pinched ,glad your not going again

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Unlike the sealife centre, Olivers mount doesnt have an official pay n display carpark though Bill.
The carpark by the tv transmitter is well hidden from the road....i didnt know it was there up to a few years ago.
I will probably stay at pikering in future as the wee mans mother has moved think it's a case of the fine people of scarbough don't want anyone there especially tourist will now take my money else where this thread has certainly changed my mind
bill

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Same applies in pickering Bill..

Comes under ryedale district council.

Instructions, terms and conditions for use of the car park