LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As always follow the money. Some will disagree but wherever there is direct action against motorhomes there seems to be a councillor or two with 'other interests'...
Allegedly of course:LOL:
Isn't it always? Has anyone actually seen any evidence or is it just rumours put about by people tripping over their pet lips? :)
It is now.....

Cllr Backhouse has just sold his site to either Warners (Cayton bay) or Blue dolphin.

No notice to static owners, just sold up and went.
Backhouse was the councillor who wanted to allow overnighting in Scarborough Borough car parks until the planning problem was raised by somebody else. It's all there on Google :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Isn't it always? Has anyone actually seen any evidence or is it just rumours put about by people tripping over their pet lips? :)

Backhouse was the councillor who wanted to allow overnighting in Scarborough Borough car parks until the planning problem was raised by somebody else. It's all there on Google :)
Too boring! Some people have too get up for work and do a hard days graft.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Didnt realise that graham....but he did have a site and sold it.
A close friend lives on the site and only found out when she got a letter from the new owners.
I dont think thats legal, but then, he is a councillor

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
They can stick fish and chips where the sun dont shine wont spend a penny there.but good luck

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Didnt realise that graham....but he did have a site and sold it.
A close friend lives on the site and only found out when she got a letter from the new owners.
I dont think thats legal, but then, he is a councillor
Yes, I know he had a site John. I don't think there's anything illegal about selling it though is there? Landlords sell properties every day.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes, I know he had a site John. I don't think there's anything illegal about selling it though is there? Landlords sell properties every day.
Yes but tenant's have to be informed. No idea whether it would be the same with a site & statics.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Evidence that sees the light of day in court you mean? Rare. Evidence that Blind Pugh would have difficulty missing....aplenty. Dawlish and the ill fated 'aire' being a prime example. Allegedly.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Evidence that sees the light of day in court you mean? Rare. Evidence that Blind Pugh would have difficulty missing....aplenty. Dawlish and the ill fated 'aire' being a prime example. Allegedly.
Overnight stops in the car park at Dawlish and the other Teignbridge car parks involved was stopped because they don't have planning consent for camping, only parking. I've never seen any suggestion that there was any element of "a councillor or two with 'other interests'...". If there is then let's get it publicised so that something can be done about it :)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Overnight stops in the car park at Dawlish and the other Teignbridge car parks involved was stopped because they don't have planning consent for camping, only parking. I've never seen any suggestion that there was any element of "a councillor or two with 'other interests'...". If there is then let's get it publicised so that something can be done about it :)
OK Graham I bow to your greater knowledge of the wondrousness and probity of our local councillors. However look at the register of interests of the five town councillors which is an interesting read on its own.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
If that was really, honestly and truly the case Powys Council really must stop allowing 1 night in 7 on its car parks. Shurely Shirley:)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
OK Graham I bow to your greater knowledge of the wondrousness and probity of our local councillors. However look at the register of interests of the five town councillors which is an interesting read on its own.
Farmer, Retired, No employment, Retired - Former Shop Keeper, Retired Shoe Repairer - Possible Part Time Occasional Employment. Interesting maybe but doesn't indicate any partiality regarding the car parks :)
If that was really, honestly and truly the case Powys Council really must stop allowing 1 night in 7 on its car parks. Shurely Shirley:)
No, because Powys Council included the relevant consent when they were created, the same as Canterbury did for the P&R.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Sorry Graham but you're being disingenous. There is at least one member with a current and specific interest which she has declared.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi pigginchilli. We also have a 125 yam which rides on a homemade rear carrier on the van or we trailer the gsx. Had the 1999 1200 Bandit what fun. Wife only rides on the 125 but still gets us about. Have fun in UK but better over the water. We know we full timed for over seven half years.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry Graham but you're being disingenous. There is at least one member with a current and specific interest which she has declared.
I just copied what is on the web site. The two female members list land holdings but there is no indication what they are.
Looking on Google, two listed by one member appear to be private houses. The three listed by the other female member appear to be a cafe, a clothing retailer and "Treetops" which is the same as her address so, presumably another private house.
What am I missing and how does it imply any impropriety?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I just copied what is on the web site. The two female members list land holdings but there is no indication what they are.
Looking on Google, two listed by one member appear to be private houses. The three listed by the other female member appear to be a cafe, a clothing retailer and "Treetops" which is the same as her address so, presumably another private house.
What am I missing and how does it imply any impropriety?
I used the 'aire' in Dawlish regularly and took a particular interest when it was 'closed.' I'm not going to have an argument Graham. There is more to this than can be 'googled'. And on that note there will be no further comment from me.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Without informing their ground rent paying tenants. ???
Yes. I used to be a ground (rather than dwelling) landlord. When I took over ownership from my Father I informed the tenants rather than him. When I sold them (they soon became more bother than they were worth because they were on 999 year leases) the purchaser informed the tenants. So long as the tenant knows who the landlord is and there is no attempt to bypass or vary any part of the tenancy agreement there surely isn't a problem.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Yes. I used to be a ground (rather than dwelling) landlord. When I took over ownership from my Father I informed the tenants rather than him. When I sold them (they soon became more bother than they were worth because they were on 999 year leases) the purchaser informed the tenants. So long as the tenant knows who the landlord is and there is no attempt to bypass or vary any part of the tenancy agreement there surely isn't a problem.
A landowner too Graham, I just knew you were posh:LOL:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
A landowner too Graham, I just knew you were posh:LOL:
I had ancestors who were pretty well off. Trouble is they had lots of kids as well and distributed the money amongst them rather than passing it down my direct line :xgrin:

My Dad inherited some ground rents when his maiden Aunt died in the 1960s and I took them on when collecting was getting too much for him. Trouble is the rents were set at levels which were OK in the latter half of the 19th century but couldn't be increased :cry::xlaugh:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I had ancestors who were pretty well off. Trouble is they had lots of kids as well and distributed the money amongst them rather than passing it down my direct line :xgrin:

My Dad inherited some ground rents when his maiden Aunt died in the 1960s and I took them on when collecting was getting too much for him. Trouble is the rents were set at levels which were OK in the latter half of the 19th century but couldn't be increased :cry::xlaugh:
All my ancestors were paupers:LOL:

OP
OP
Twos company

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
so has anyone been physically moved on or knocked up and bothered or fined for overnighting on marine drive or is it just scaremongering?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
the sea life centre carpark is fine we stay there on a regular basis when it our turn to tack wee man to see his mother.
ignoring the marine drive restrictions will only make things worse and antagonise a all ready hostile natives.
the ones that f#';d up the parking in scarbough were the ones that didn't give a toss for discretion rules and just taking the piss
and yes I have know of folks being moved on
bill

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
the sea life centre carpark is fine we stay there on a regular basis when it our turn to tack wee man to see his mother.
ignoring the marine drive restrictions will only make things worse and antagonise a all ready hostile natives.
the ones that f#';d up the parking in scarbough were the ones that didn't give a toss for discretion rules and just taking the piss
and yes I have know of folks being moved on
bill
You've been lucky then Bill. Officially there is no sleeping or overnight camping at Scalby Mills car park.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It may be good practice to inform tenants but what legislation says they actually have to be informed?

THE RFR .Right to first refusal.

" Where a landlord is proposing to sell his interest in a building containing flats in relation to which the RFR exists, he must, by law, first offer it to the tenants before offering it on the open market. He must serve formal notices on the tenants telling them what he is intending and must provide time for them to consider the offer; he cannot sell to another party during that time, nor offer the interest to anyone else at a price less than that proposed to the tenants or on different terms. Breach of these legal obligations by the landlord is a criminal offence. If the landlord sells without providing the Right of First Refusal, the tenants can serve a notice on the new owner demanding details of the transaction, including the price paid; they can then take action to force the new owner to sell to them at the price he paid."

http://www.lease-advice.org/publications/documents/document.asp?item=16#10

Only applies to purpose built blocks & the regs for statics are here & 15% is the max that a site owner can charge. Even that is far too much.
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/selling-your-static-caravan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back