Wild camping on this tour?

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Mudstuck, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Mudstuck

Mudstuck Funster

Hi,I,m interested in doing this tour with my motorhome and motorbike,idea is to wild camp in motorhome and do some of route on bike before returning to motorhome daily and then moving on,this is a 1st time use of motorhome and a little bit apprehensive so any recommendations re wild camping on this route?
    Thanks Mark

Attached Files:

2. ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd Funster

Your perhaps a bit short sighted in skipping the south west of Scotland. The A713 is widely recognised as one of the truly great motorcycling roads. There are many many places to wild camp & many different roads to get you motor running. I'm adding a you tube clip filmed about motorcyle safety on the A713 & the road along past Clatteringshaws. Enjoy.

Anyway, the highlands are beautiful, wild camping is pretty much the norm in most area's with some exceptions on Loch Lomondside & the Trossachs national park, but this is largely due to hooligan's heading out of Glasgow & surrounding area's into these beautiful wild area's which are very close to the city. Not all Glaswegians behave in this manner but things are spoiled by the few.
    Glencoe is a first class road to enjoy & wild camping is pretty well limitless, glen Etive spur's from Glencoe & whilst getting up to a speed is next to impossible, but the scenery, well you have to try it to believe it.

I'm sure many more forum members will advise on other area's, but wherever you go, stay safe & have a great time, hope the weather plays ball for you.

3. Mudstuck

Mudstuck Funster

Hi thanks for that,I have done anti clockwise tour of Scotland previously in former life as caravanner but this route was done in a motorbike magazine and I fancy it.
    Was up in Moffat earlier this year with versys forum members and the roads we did were awesome

4. Mrsambulancekidd

Mrsambulancekidd Funster

Perhaps you could make your own route up, spur off now and then to see as much as possible.......we'll put the kettle on. :)

5. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster

Check out some of the good You Tube videos about the A82 and from from Oban to Ft William for some ideas. We will probably be around the same area as those videos in August.

• Like Like x 1