Rally Chat Wild camping nr Three Counties Showground (1 Viewer)

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Hi Folks
We are hoping to actually head towards the Western Motorhome show on the Wednesday night (late) and camp up somewhere nearby.
I understand there are lay-bys coming in from the M5 direction. Has anyone overnighted in those without issue or is there anywhere even nearer to the Showground.
I don't know if I imagined this, but I seem to recall someone saying last year that people 'camped' in the queue for the Showground.
Cheers for any advice

John

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
There is an area of ground adjacent to a popular dog walking area/field which I have used to exercise my dog. I haven't however stopped overnight but have considered it. I travel from the north and will try and get more details, and post as I am heading to the Blackmore CCC site on Tuesday.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When we have been to Malvern in the past we have seen motorhomes which appear to have camped overnight in laybys/by the roadside on common land but never actually checked whether they did. Byelaws ban camping on any of the land owned by the Malvern Hills Conservators so there is a risk of fines/being moved on.

Although, by the letter of the order, camping is banned in Malvern Hills Council car parks they have at times tolerated it in Hanley Road Car Park, Upton Upon Severn. According to UK Motorhomes, that position is currently unclear.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
There are a couple of wide lay-bys on the A4103 near Leigh Sinton if you don't find anything better. The first one is not long after you split from the A49 Hereford road onto the A4103. It's on the left just before you cross a small river. There are often lorries parked up overnight and I have seen the occasional motorhome. The 2nd is just after the village of Leigh Sinton and again on the left.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Although, by the letter of the order, camping is banned in Malvern Hills Council car parks they have at times tolerated it in Hanley Road Car Park, Upton Upon Severn. According to UK Motorhomes, that position is currently unclear.
Apologies. I posted the wrong link yesterday evening. The correct one is Here (though it doesn't change the message about the position being unclear).
See also Here (just found).

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
There are a couple of wide lay-bys on the A4103 near Leigh Sinton if you don't find anything better. The first one is not long after you split from the A49 Hereford road onto the A4103. It's on the left just before you cross a small river. There are often lorries parked up overnight and I have seen the occasional motorhome. The 2nd is just after the village of Leigh Sinton and again on the left.
Stopped there overnight earlier this year ,no problems.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I travel from the north and use the B4424 once I have left the M5 - the parkland area I mentioned above is on this road (on the right) near a bend. I will try and be a bit more specific once I have travelled down tomorrow.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I travel from the north and use the B4424 once I have left the M5 - the parkland area I mentioned above is on this road (on the right) near a bend. I will try and be a bit more specific once I have travelled down tomorrow.
That's one of the roads we've seen people camping along (as mentioned above) but it is part of the Conservators area so, whilst people obviously get away with it, it does carry a risk as mentioned.

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
We will be camping at Eastnor Castle Deer Park. near Ledbury post code HR8 1RL £7-9 IF any body is interested.

OP
OP
Stagman

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We will be camping at Eastnor Castle Deer Park. near Ledbury post code HR8 1RL £7-9 IF any body is interested.
We would be arriving super late do doubt we would be allowed in....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back