Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
self opinionated holier than thou person said:
So when someone does want to stop near a hospital or for another good reason, it won't be allowed they, you, will have ruined it.

Sooo,,,, just to clarify.. Little difficult to get all the relevant points you put across when you are SO high up there on your :soaobox:

Have you actually found out if the people you are slinging abuse at have a valid ( in YOUR opinion ) reason for being freeloading, tightwad tossers, or do you feel that everyone who does not behave entirely as you personally do fit the catagory ?

Oh.. forgot ! I am a tosser ( it is the title given to members of the UK GSers club, of which I have been a member for many a year )

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Free Parking

I'm sure that most people with motorhomes are'nt to worried about the cost of cls/css but most of the locations are in the middle of nowhere,:cry:much nicer to be parked on a seafront if you've got the bottle.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
I must admit that spending the night in a car park would not be my preferred place to stay and we tend to use a mixture of fully serviced sites & cl's but thats because we are able to afford to pay as we both work & when we are out in the van we are 'on holiday'. This as has been said may not be the case for all & if our circumstances changed so might our choice of camping spots.(the house would go before the motorhome!). We travel to work somedays along Gt Yarmouth seafront & often see motorhomes parked up at the side of the road who must have been there overnight or sometimes a few nights again this would not be a choice I would make but I do not see how I can judge these campers choice when I have no idea of their circumstances or of what their idea of 'on holiday' is. Each to their own I say as long as no one else is inconvenienced.

Deborah

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
:ROFLMAO:Oh Jan, Only YOU could have got away with that....:RollEyes: I am still recovering from wild camping with you a couple of weeks ago ... and I notice Stuart has disappeared off the face of the earth since he camped with you .... he is in a state of shock!!!!!! :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto: x

Oh Joy you do make me smile and laugh. I cannot take the blame for Stuarts disappearance he is most probalbly catching up on his golfing. Ha Ha ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
I'm sure that most people with motorhomes are'nt to worried about the cost of cls/css but most of the locations are in the middle of nowhere,:cry:much nicer to be parked on a seafront if you've got the bottle.:thumb:

Forgot to mention the beautiful Swansea Bay beach was just on the other side of the road in front of the carpark that I was staying in wonderful perk. Keep smiling Nannyjan most definitely not tight git or freeloader,

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Oh dear Weejocky - you obviously did not take my advice and get yourself a good hobby to occupy your mind - you have climbed back onto that high horse of yours again and want to pigeon hole the rest of humanity into the pigeon holes you have invented and labeled. For heaven sake man look at the bigger picture - if they are parked somewhere that stops you doing what you want and its illegal then call the police and get it sorted if not let the world carry on around you and enjoy what you have.

If you really want to change the world sell the motor home and either stand for parliament or get involved with a union - you will soon see how popular you are by the votes - needless to say you will not get mine nor I suspect the other 10,000 or so member of MotorhomeFun

By the way I have never wild camped so far but would support the right of anyone to do so legally and responsibly

Chasingthesun

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
north wales
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
What is it with some people? I've noticed the same couple camping (dossing) in a West Sussex car park for the last four days. There are load of empty sites in the area that charge really cheap rates at this time of year, there are even more CLs that need the patronage or they might disappear. But rather than pay these people park up in a car park, nicking parking slots for days on end, giving us all a bad name. They call themselves "Wild Campers" :ROFLMAO: Why Wild campers when they could use more fitting names like "Tight Wads" "Skin Flints" "Free Loaders" I'm alright jacks" "Freeloading Tossers":Smile:
Been wildcamping for 5 years up and down Wales England Scotland 1 or 2 nights in one place we do spend money in the shops also go out for meals
seen and stayed in places people dream of seeing.
Then move on somewere new thats the beautiful thing above motorhoming
you can let the hand break down and go.
If i wanted to sit in a field/campsite for my 2 weeks holidays in august and
pay £20 to £30 pounds anight i would have bought a caravan.
We have had 3 caravans over the years and had great times but
motorhomes are in a class of there own.
Each to there own just lets all enjoy our motorhomes..
Cheers. John.:Smile:

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
I luv being a tosser:Blush::Blush::whistle:
But not in a car park in Sussex, far to public:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chasingthesun

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
north wales
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Oh dear! of course there might be extenuating circumstances. But the freeloading tossers (if the cap fits):Smile: who take the P and stay too long will get wild "parking" banned in more and more places. So when someone does want to stop near a hospital or for another good reason, it won't be allowed they, you, will have ruined it. I do understand the attraction of wild camping but if it gets any worse it will be outlawed by more and more councils. I'd rather support a Campsite or CL, we'll miss them if they dissapear. Tight Gits:ROFLMAO:
just read acouple of your threads.

wild camping , why rallys, full timers or Itinerants in uk.

your not a happy teddy bear.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
What is it with some people in this country? They cant seem to stand anyone else getting something for nothing. I actually think there are lots of people in MH's who spend £20-30 on sites who seceretly wish they could wild camp and resent paying such huge sums to park but thier othehalves have to have hair dryers, serviced loos and "proper" showers, EHU (whatever that is?) as well as something to stare at out of the window (other people not views) so they are missing out on the wonder of free camping so they resent those that can do it.

Personally I would not wish to stay on a car park in town in the UK. Our wilding is all about the views and soliude so you will usually find us miles from anywhere on a cliff top or by a lake and if not on a deserted CL in the middle of knowhere as we are now, over looking the Devon Coast and just us here (£4.50 a night). We have a motorbike though on the back which makes life easier. 17 nights in devon and cornwall so far and we havent spent over £100 yet on camping.

IF people want to stop where they like then let them. The French dont seem to have an issue with it! Why cant we be more like the French and just stop nosing into other peoples business and just get a life.

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Here,here Barryd.

We spent the a night on a SuperU carpark in August just up from Mont St Michel in France, I wasn't looking forward to it and was a bit embarrassed at first actually. We too usually love to be by ourselves. Only because with 3 young uns we don't like to disturb other people!

It was late and we didn't want to be driving around for ages looking for a spot in the dark, plus, we needed to stock up on supplies. There were around 15-20 other vans and there was designated parking area for us so thought this was fine.

We spent quite a bit in the SuperU in the morning and we were off by 9.30am. If you are putting a little back into the local economy and not causing any problems then where is the harm in that? I don't have a problem with it.

These particular people may not have the money to pay for a site.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Problem for me is sites are getting so expensive as my income dwindles. I rarely wild camp except on way to big show so can be there early doors.

Shame not everyone can get on but there are people out there that push it to far and spoil it for other.

BTW guys please dont get so wound up as it aint going to change a thing apart from your day and mood:winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Oh dear! of course there might be extenuating circumstances. But the freeloading tossers (if the cap fits):Smile: who take the P and stay too long will get wild "parking" banned in more and more places. So when someone does want to stop near a hospital or for another good reason, it won't be allowed they, you, will have ruined it. I do understand the attraction of wild camping but if it gets any worse it will be outlawed by more and more councils. I'd rather support a Campsite or CL, we'll miss them if they dissapear. Tight Gits:ROFLMAO:
Wild parking or camping is something I have done for the past 44 years. I pay rates (highest water rates in the country) so why should I pay again if I move down the road for a day or two. The food I eat when away is bought locally, We visit local attractions. I choose (for whatever reason) not to pay for sites. I come and go as I please as do many others, just be pleased we are not blockbooking the site you want to stay on. a site offers us nothing, we are self contained, thats what a motorhome is. Site sitting is not my forte, if its yours get a caravan you will have less road tax and more space. Call me whatever you wish as long as its not late for dinner.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Everyone to his own choice, if you want wild camping and cause no problem do it, if you can afford and want hardstanding fully serviced pitches, do it.
You will all ways find some self righteous type that cannot just worry about his own problems and has to criticise others :Doh:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I must admit that spending the night in a car park would not be my preferred place to stay and we tend to use a mixture of fully serviced sites & cl's but thats because we are able to afford to pay as we both work & when we are out in the van we are 'on holiday'. This as has been said may not be the case for all & if our circumstances changed so might our choice of camping spots.(the house would go before the motorhome!). We travel to work somedays along Gt Yarmouth seafront & often see motorhomes parked up at the side of the road who must have been there overnight or sometimes a few nights again this would not be a choice I would make but I do not see how I can judge these campers choice when I have no idea of their circumstances or of what their idea of 'on holiday' is. Each to their own I say as long as no one else is inconvenienced.

Deborah

I would like to report that some motorhomers park "off site" because they like freedom and see little point in having a vehicle equipped for independent living and not using it to its full potential. To suggest that off site camping is to save money would upset some very well off motorhomers I know.

JJ

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
like to wild camp were we can if not use club sites and cl .
have stopped in car parks in france ..its allowed there ...in uk if it says you can then use it .
so Another Tosser Here :Doh:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
On a beautiful piece of grassland, next to a park in Ramsey, IOM, motorhomes of all shapes and sizes park up. There is fresh water available, and black and grey water disposal, but no electricity. Sometimes there are no MHs, and sometimes there are 40 MHs. This area is provided FREE by the Ramsey town council, and is used all year round. I wondered if this is classed as "free loading" or is it OK because its provided free.

Another "tosser"

Craig

Jaygee32

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 1976
wild camping

I'd love to have a "free" night or nights. We can never find anywhere! :cry:

tantanell

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
trawling through europe
Funster No
Exp
camping forever.motorhoming 8years
haha! I've been doing this all through the summer , france, Italy, now greece.. you know the only person that moaned about it?? an english woman... I said she should've took a book to read on her holiday. You dont know their circumstances, they may be unfortunate to have lost their house in a fire or flood. thats happened to some friends of mine.
The reason I wild camp?? to get away from busybodies on CL's. nuff said. :thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Oh.. forgot ! I am a tosser ( it is the title given to members of the UK GSers club, of which I have been a member for many a year )

Undoubtedly the best places I've ever camped have been the wildcamps and Jan & I have wildcamped in quite a few different countries never had a problem.
Intend to keep doing it as well.

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
It's all been said already .................. each to their own ............... there maybe circumstances ............................. as long as they are not bothering anyone ....................... leave nothing behind ................ etc etc.

Personally we have a PVC converted a year ago to our spec - no shower, no TV/DVD (and probably no "all sorts of other things" many/most MHomers have). We don't want them!

We wild camp most of the time - for the freedom, peace, views and space you do not get on sites, we buy locally - be it diesel, meals, food, maps, attractions AND we provide FREE overnight parking during the summer on our nursery (with water and waste disposal) - for anyone who wants freedom, peace, views and space::bigsmile:.

Do whatever you enjoy as long as it is legal and safe, and does not offend, and let others do the same :thumb:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
We wild camp and stay for as long as i wont so were tosser's as well!!!!!!!!

Is this fun site turning in to FACTS there are lots of Jobs worth’s and politically correct posts lately...Oh and by the way don't even start on my grammar and spelling!

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
We wild camp and stay for as long as i wont so were tosser's as well!!!!!!!!

Is this fun site turning in to FACTS there are lots of Jobs worth’s and politically correct posts lately...Oh and by the way don't even start on my grammar and spelling!

Patrick should that be long as i want?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Dave

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I love you lot. You've given me such a laugh. Hope we see some of you at Waveney in Norfolk first weekend in November.
Ivy

OP
OP
weejocky

weejocky

Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
I didn't come out of that one very well did I::bigsmile: I can take comfort, I know a lot of you agree with me , you just have not said so on this thread as you did not want to get it in the neck from all those tossers :Smile:like I did. But I must say it again as none of you (tossers) have convinced me otherwise. :Smile:Wild-parkers who plot up and outstay there welcome will ruin it for everyone and you don't have to be Einstein to appreciate that fact .

I thought I'd let you know that the van was still there this Friday. there will be a no overnighting sign there next year for sure. Absolute Tossers, :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
:Wild-parkers who plot up and outstay there welcome will ruin it for everyone and you don't have to be Einstein to appreciate that fact

I thought I'd let you know that the van was still there this Friday. there will be a no overnighting sign there next year for sure. Absolute Tossers, :Smile:

No denying that.. it has happened elsewhere ... Aldeburgh is a prime example.

Have you had a chat ? Maybe he is having a problem starting the van :winky:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l think people are tossers that assume MH and RV owners should always be on manicured camp sites, paying for the privilege, being amongst other campers, looking like other campers, sat in white euroboxes, like other campers, and probably have a beard and glasses like some other campers.

l will continue to park as and where l fancy, if possible, and somewhere quiet. l will not make a noise, or a nuisance, and l will leave no litter, or other waste, l will move along when l am ready, or if l am asked politely with a valid reason.

Live and let live l say!

Craig

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back