Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
What is it with some people? I've noticed the same couple camping (dossing) in a West Sussex car park for the last four days. There are loads of empty sites in the area that charge really cheap rates at this time of year, there are even more CLs that need the patronage or they might disappear. But rather than pay these people park up in a car park, nicking parking slots for days on end, giving us all a bad name. They call themselves "Wild Campers" :ROFLMAO: Why Wild campers when they could use more fitting names like "Tight Wads" "Skin Flints" "Free Loaders" I'm alright jacks" "Freeloading Tossers":Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Im all right Jocky :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
What is it with some people? I've noticed the same couple camping (dossing) in a West Sussex car park for the last four days. There are load of empty sites in the area that charge really cheap rates at this time of year, there are even more CLs that need the patronage or they might disappear. But rather than pay these people park up in a car park, nicking parking slots for days on end, giving us all a bad name. They call themselves "Wild Campers" :ROFLMAO: Why Wild campers when they could use more fitting names like "Tight Wads" "Skin Flints" "Free Loaders" I'm alright jacks" "Freeloading Tossers":Smile:

LIVE AND LET LIVE, one man's meat another's poison

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I muxt be one also :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but i rarely use carparks and never stay for 4 days in same spot apart from that i dont see anything wrong with wildcamping if done with respect for others and the surronding area.

Gerry

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
What is it with some people? I've noticed the same couple camping (dossing) in a West Sussex car park for the last four days. There are load of empty sites in the area that charge really cheap rates at this time of year, there are even more CLs that need the patronage or they might disappear. But rather than pay these people park up in a car park, nicking parking slots for days on end, giving us all a bad name. They call themselves "Wild Campers" :ROFLMAO: Why Wild campers when they could use more fitting names like "Tight Wads" "Skin Flints" "Free Loaders" I'm alright jacks" "Freeloading Tossers":Smile:

on a differant site from this one member always said

take nothing but photos

leave nothing but footprints

and i rather agree with that statement i see many trucks overnighting kerb side
if your willing to take the chance then i see nothing wrong

just myself and mrs tofo prefer a campsite

but hay ho each to their own​

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Even wild campers should be sensible.

Must be some place where they wanna stay 4 days.

I have wild camped but not stayed 4 days anywhere yet but who knows.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It could be a simple matter of them visiting friends or distant relatives.
If it was a car it would possibly be there a month and nobody would notice it.
If it was a caravan,people would lock there sheds thinking it was travelers.
Becouse its a motorhome...its freeloaders???:Doh:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
No objection to wild camping in principle, but do object to people who park up with no consideration for others, those who leave mess everywhere, those who park up on sea fronts in front of peoples houses en mass, for up to 2weeks.

These people then wonder why people complain, and council restrictions become enforced and stop others being able to just stop for a while.

If only people would think before parking then a lot of the problems and complaints would not come about.

As far as some wild campers are concerned they are their own worst enemies.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
No objection to wild camping in principle, but do object to people who park up with no consideration for others, those who leave mess everywhere, those who park up on sea fronts in front of peoples houses en mass, for up to 2weeks.

These people then wonder why people complain, and council restrictions become enforced and stop others being able to just stop for a while.

If only people would think before parking then a lot of the problems and complaints would not come about.

As far as some wild campers are concerned they are their own worst enemies.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

A sensible post Dave .. :thumb:

it's the same problem as dog poo.. no dog owner ever admits to not clearing it up .. but parks and public places say otherwise..

and the result ? = Dogs banned

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
Not exactly 'wild' if you are in a nice, level, surfaced car park, is it. Maybe the term should be renamed Owtfornowt Camping? That would then be an accurate description for staying anywhere that costs nowt - rural or urban.

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Free Parking

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

FreeParrking Benicassim/ Daimus/ Montroig Bahia/Clevelleys .Some pretty spots some not so pretty but all by the sea where we can walk the dogs easily.

We usually have a month travelling down to southern spain France on the aires and a few places that we think are safe free parking then 4 months on sites and then a month travelling back, fhis year we're not so sure with the economic climate in Spain but we'l see in 2 weeks.:thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
View attachment 6347

View attachment 6348

View attachment 6349

View attachment 6350

FreeParrking Benicassim/ Daimus/ Montroig Bahia/Clevelleys .Some pretty spots some not so pretty but all by the sea where we can walk the dogs easily.

We usually have a month travelling down to southern spain France on the aires and a few places that we think are safe free parking then 4 months on sites and then a month travelling back, fhis year we're not so sure with the economic climate in Spain but we'l see in 2 weeks.:thumb:

Those pictures must have been taken in Tosser del Mar.........

I'll get me coat

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Wow!

I wonder what problems were caused by one couple parking a motorhome in a carpark for four days. I suspect that had there been any problems then they would have been asked to leave.

I am an "off site" motorhomer and have been for well over twenty years. Never been asked to move ever.

Also I have never heard any "ordinary" people having any views about us camper van folk at all. It seems to me that the only people complaining about "off site" parking are other motorhomers who choose to use sites.

...but then, I too get upset by things that really don't matter that much in the grand scheme of things...

JJ the freeloading, skinflint tosser.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

There were many people who would not fork out £12 because of "principals" ditto wild campers.

Are they wrong ? Or is it just a narrow minded UK view ???

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Nothing against wildcamping myself but I prefer sites especially the CL/CS's. Park up, have a drink no worries about maybe being moved on, or done for drunk in charge, or yobs. Well worth a fiver a night in my opinion. :thumb:

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Nicking a parking slot for a whole for days eh,nealy as bad as living full time on a CL and working:RollEyes:

winterhill

Free Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ambleside & Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2008

Instead of sounding off on here about them - why don't you go and knock on their door, and have a friendly chat and give them your expert advice about local sites if it really upsets you ?
Perhaps they are just wee jocks and just don't like parting with their cash:roflmto:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am beginning to think wee jocky has not quite got this fun thing:roflmto: try to enjoy what you do and let others do the same:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Weejocky, wow what it must be like to sit in judgement of of other motorhomers way of doing things, us we use camps rally cl's and cs's, but as long as people leave the place as they find it nothing at all wrong with wild camping in fact some of the the best places we stayed was wild camping in Scotland and have to say the one thing we got of all the Scottish people we met we were met with nothing but friendlyness and helpfullness.
Thankfully weejocky seems to be a minority.

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Some folk just love to moan about anything, criticise every one who is different from them.
Enjoy where ever you park up, be it camp site or car park. Be happy, be Safe.
I will continue as a tosser and camp in the wilderness.

Don

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Car parks

Hi, I have recently parked in a car park in Swansea for 5 days with no problems and such a large car park I did not prevent anyone else using this facility, My daughter is at Swansea University and this car park was right on its door step which made seeing her so easy. I made the car park attendant cups of tea all day long and offered to pay the same as everyone else but he actually let me stay for free and because of my kindness have offered my daughter free car parking there because of this kindness. Nothing wrong with parking anywhere providing you respect rules and other people and I actually cleared up other people's rubbish. Keep Smiling ::bigsmile: Nannyjan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:ROFLMAO:Oh Jan, Only YOU could have got away with that....:RollEyes: I am still recovering from wild camping with you a couple of weeks ago ... and I notice Stuart has disappeared off the face of the earth since he camped with you .... he is in a state of shock!!!!!! :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto: x

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have said on here before when some moan about campers, you never know the persons circumstances they could be attending hospital for treatment or have a sick child in there or be down on the luck.You could have gone over to the campers and said hello you never know you may have made a new friend

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I have said on here before when some moan about campers, you never know the persons circumstances they could be attending hospital for treatment or have a sick child in there or be down on the luck.You could have gone over to the campers and said hello you never know you may have made a new friend

:thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Holier Than Though said:
Why Wild campers when they could use more fitting names like "Tight Wads" "Skin Flints" "Free Loaders" I'm alright jacks" "Tossers"

Cheers.. Always good to know my place in life and what people think of folk like me.. Link Removed

OP
OP
weejocky

weejocky

Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
Oh dear! of course there might be extenuating circumstances. But the freeloading tossers (if the cap fits):Smile: who take the P and stay too long will get wild "parking" banned in more and more places. So when someone does want to stop near a hospital or for another good reason, it won't be allowed they, you, will have ruined it. I do understand the attraction of wild camping but if it gets any worse it will be outlawed by more and more councils. I'd rather support a Campsite or CL, we'll miss them if they dissapear. Tight Gits:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back