wild camping in Whitby (1 Viewer)

scamp

Free Member
Aug 7, 2009
Funster No
Car park next to the Abbey. We had 2 nights there in July, nice and quiet.:thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
parking in and around whitby is hit or miss if you get a nights sleep and not bothered then you have got away with it for free
whitby is a nice place for all motorhomes and i have stayed many nights there in my motorhome but we all run the risk of the no sleeping in the vehicle rules in north yorkshire

go there park up and pay up if caughtout :ROFLMAO:

enjoy the whitby fish n chips too

yours Ian&Carole
Ps if you see a georgieboy pursuit in whitby please say hello :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If you are in the CCC Motorhome section they have a rally in the centre of Whitby for the next week we are stoping off there on the way to the Tall Ships at Hartlepool, where they recon they will have over 1,000,000 visitors. probably a lot of motorhomes around.

urbtaf

Free Member
Jul 25, 2010
Funster No
Not been there for a couple of years, but I used to park up on the road down to sandsend, never had any bother

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you are in the CCC Motorhome section they have a rally in the centre of Whitby for the next week we are stoping off there on the way to the Tall Ships at Hartlepool, where they recon they will have over 1,000,000 visitors. probably a lot of motorhomes around.

Where are you staying for the Tall Ships Carol?

Graham

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Where are you staying for the Tall Ships Carol?

Graham

Hi Graham booked on with Motor Caravanners Club Graham over 300 booked on the rally, the first place they got is right on the harbour but that got booked the first day we booked 3 days in from when the booking opened number 280 odd, it is on a field about a mile from the harbour.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Graham booked on with Motor Caravanners Club Graham over 300 booked on the rally, the first place they got is right on the harbour but that got booked the first day we booked 3 days in from when the booking opened number 280 odd, it is on a field about a mile from the harbour.

Right. Thought you might be at White Water which is only a couple of miles from us.

Graham

cookingfat

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
Exp
brand new
I was out bright and early on the Triumph Tiger (a gentleman’s motorcycle) this morning, trip down to Whitby for a cooked breakfast at Arbuts café.

DSC00002.jpg

Obviously it is one of the busiest weeks in Whitby, regatta and Folk Festival, I can honestly say I’ve never seen so many motor homes parked on the front (north side) in the car park top of the bank before you enter Whitby from the north.

The Folk Festival camp sites also had lots of MH’s in them.

Great place but looks like it will be really busy this weekend.

UP THE WORKERS!

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
just got back tonight from whitby .to get a parking spot on west cliff on friday we got there at 6 am .the road was full of camper vans all stopping for the week end .its the regatta and Folk Festival .the council parking wardens finish at 8pm .the police said you can stop for us its not our problem. but watch it any other times in summer .we have been in whitby over the past 8 weeks and noticed the same vans on the front with there blinds down .its got to change as its free to park and the locals are not to happy with us .
in the council car parks some say no sleeping over night but you pay £5 for 24 hours ,there was lots of vans stopping over night blinds down .
we were at east ayton farm site for three days to visit scarbrough then whitby rest of week

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back