wild camping in scotland

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by m taylor, Jan 22, 2010.

1. m taylor

m taylor Read Only Funster

can anyone give me any info on places you might be be able to wild camp with motorhome and trailer in scotland on the west coast? we,re off next week end,we dont want to upset anyone by parking infront of peoples houses e.t.c. but if there are any large carparks or forest type areas this would be good,in anticipation,THANKS:BigGrin:

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

not much response so far, this will keep it alive..

in the meantime you could try the Wildcamping For Motohome forum

jim

3. sussex gone north

sussex gone north Read Only Funster

West Coast wild camping

How far North are you going? Big car park on A82 at Loch Tulloch, several on the coast road between Oban & Ballachulish. If you are going skiing there is plent of space at the Glenco ski area and they are happy for you to stay there overnight.

Further North there are plenty of places to pull off on the Ft Wiliam to Kyle road, especially along Loch Cluanie, On up the coast it's a few years since we've been that way but I remember a huge parking area on the road just S of Loch Broom, looking N over the sea, after that there was not a problem.

4. 2bob

2bob Funster

scotland

hi try this

if it comes out
    dave

Attached Files:

5. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi

Where on the west coast are you planning on visiting i might be able to help. If your sensible i cant see any problem we wild camp all the time try not to park somewhere that you think might annoy someone or in front of a farm gate as farmers start early.

We have park in forest mainly in the dumfries and galloway area and L Lomond.

We have also used layby where the road has been renewed and old road becomes a layby and we have never been moved on also if stopping for a bar supper ask the owner if you can stay overnoght in carpark so you can have a few beers.

Hope this helps
    Gerry