wild-camping and boged down (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well i turned up at a wild camping spot in the dark got a bit to close to the edge of my parking spot now bogged in.
Will dig my shelf out in a few days.
Just spent the weekend with the wee-man up at one of my shooting grounds camping.
no signal for mobile or veery bad it's ben bliss
bill

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
well i turned up at a wild camping spot in the dark got a bit to close to the edge of my paring spot now bogged in will dig my shelf out in a few day.
just spent the weekend with the wee-man up at one of my shooting grounds camping.
no signal for mobile or veer bad it's ben bliss
bill

Have you got anything to put under your drive wheels to give you grip?

Apr 23, 2015
berkshire
Funster No
MH
autocruise gleneagle
Exp
since 2005
That actually happened to us in the Dordogne last June after torrential rain. We drove onto the large pitch and just sank - couldn't move forward or back. As it was still thundering down we just stayed where we were and sorted it 2 days later. Someone had some rubber mats which we used to get level again. Never had that before in France... but hey! We've bought rubber mats now just in case....

Hope you manage OK..

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
That actually happened to us in the Dordogne last June after torrential rain. We drove onto the large pitch and just sank - couldn't move forward or back. As it was still thundering down we just stayed where we were and sorted it 2 days later. Someone had some rubber mats which we used to get level again. Never had that before in France... but hey! We've bought rubber mats now just in case....

Hope you manage OK..
i have two role out ladder thing i made 20 years ago never had to use them
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Just had a look for them that not in the van but no worries Jay has a cunning plan he nottest sum old wood dump at the side of the road and and we have sum roap as and a axc well make sumthing
Bill and Jay

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
The weeman is crashed out we were out with the mountain bikes this morning and climbing and absaling on a big old one tree thinking I have burnt him out he was falling asleep eting his supper of sosseges beens and mash
I made sure potato scones for the brakefast with the leftover spuds my skilet is the best thing a have ever had in the van how the he'll did I manage before
Bill

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Bill! you're a Star!:sun:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun